Facility: LAWRENCEVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Pay: up to $135K per year
Bonus (if applicable): $5000 Sign On Bonus
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
****$5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS!****
Are you a psychologist looking for a challenging yet interesting environment, where you can really make a difference? If you are passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of mental healthcare, we have the role for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team.
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Your primary role is to evaluate and diagnose inmates/detainees/residents (I/D/R) for mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. In this role, you will:
- Co-ordinate mental health functions (including supervising and training staff members).
- Examine and treat detainees/inmates referred by the nursing/professional staff to ensure proper injury care, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
- Provide psychotherapy or counseling for psychological disorders or mental illness.
- Make appropriate referrals as necessary to a psychiatrist.
- Evaluate I/D/R’s mental status and symptoms in determining the need for transfer or placement under observation due to suicide risk.
- Make referrals to the appropriate professional should the I/D/R exhibit side effects.
- Document services provided and comprehensive notes in the patient medical records.
- Instruct staff and officers in recognizing suicide risk factors.
- Provide in-service education for medical and correctional staff as required.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Acute awareness, critical thinking ability, and strong communication skills are key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patients’ re-entry to society. Apply if the following apply to you:
- Ph. D or Psy.D in Psychology from an accredited University. Current license in Psychology in the State in which the facility is located or licensure/certification in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Two (2) years of correctional work experience is preferred
- Must hold a current license or certification in Psychology in the state in which the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
Frequently: Lift or carry up to 10 lbs.; walk, stand, bend, stoop and sit
Occasionally: Lift or carry/push or pull up to 40 lbs. Climb, reach above shoulder level and work with machinery
- Critical Thinking
- Medical Records