Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Manager Customers is responsible for the dollar sales and profitable volume growth for BBU brands within the market areas for this customer. This position is also responsible for analyzing the marketplace and identifying, prioritizing and executing against internal and customer driven growth opportunities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develops customer relationships at appropriate levels to further strengthen brand position in all markets of distribution.
- Responsible for the development and recommendation of new business building programs.
• Gains authorization of new products and promotional support.
- Sells customer on the merits of special merchandising vehicles and the placement of non-promotional and promotional displays.
- Recommends, tests and directs new merchandising improvements aimed at improving sales and in-store image.
- Seeks out and initiates business building opportunities utilizing all available resources.
- Develops, pursues and accomplishes space improvement goals for BBU brands, based on space to sales, with timing directed by customer.
- Maintains and regularly updates analyses of key competitors’ activities within customers’ key markets and their impact.
- Works directly with Account Executive and local Sales Management on key business building objectives.
- Develops efficient weekly promotional merchandising plans with the customer and then communicates to all BBU sales teams.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Ability to achieve specific objectives/outcomes and set/meet key initiatives
• Ability to effectively implement programs for area of responsibility.
Education and Work History:
• Ability to collaborate and align cross-functionally within BU and with corporate
Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years in Sales Management, marketing or selling experience.
- Knowledge of IRI data and the ability to analyze data.
- Strong interactive and communication skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required, as well as proficiency with Margin Minder.
- Travel is required – 25 – 50%.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft Excel