Ledgent Accounting & Finance is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable/Collections and Payable Specialist with an emphasis on accounts receivable and collections. As an AR/AP and Collections Specialist you will be responsible for initiating calls to complex and difficult delinquent clients by phone, mail, email or personal visits to collect payments and settle accounts.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Follow-up on delinquent accounts, update and maintains accurate financial records including accounting, receivable and credit records.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules.
- Compiles amounts owed by the company to vendors, suppliers or other organization/individuals.
- Creates weekly, biweekly or monthly invoices through QuickBooks software.
- Process payments daily to appropriate client accounts.
- Gathers purchase orders, create spending reports and prepares payments.
- Processes and verifies applications for credit and solicits payment/receipts of overdue accounts.
- Compiles necessary information from financial institutions such as banks and credit organizations.
- Records all delinquent accounts, incomplete files and credit risks.
- Maintain all payment, receipt and other transaction records.
- Answer client inquiries regarding account transactions.
- Handling all requests for account corrections and/or transfers.
- Deposit payments to bank.
- 3+ years of Accounts Receivable/Collections and Payables experience.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of the entire revenue cycle process.
- Excellent written, communication and follow through skills; extremely detail oriented.
- High proficiency using Intuit QuickBooks software.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Maintain Indexed Record