At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a high-energy and innovative professional with a passion for improving how PayPal serves its customers by better partnering with the financial ecosystem. The Director of Bank Partnerships position at PayPal is responsible for leading the development of the most critical partnerships with financial institutions for the company. You will become the primary face of PayPal to bank partners and help lead a cross-functional team to acquire new and support existing strategic partnership opportunities that build on PayPal’s strong foundations, deliver measurable value to the company, and help it better serve its customers.
The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with senior leaders at PayPal and external partners.
This role is US-based, with preference for proximity to PayPal offices in SF Bay Area, NYC, Chicago, Omaha, Austin
- Provide thought leadership into PayPal’s strategy to drive growth through product, channel, and network partnerships with financial institutions
- Structure and lead complex strategic partnership negotiations and implementations with financial institutions. Support partnerships from idea to contract to execution to ongoing growth
- Identify new business opportunities for PayPal and partners
- Inform product roadmap based on partnership priorities
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-regional teams, liaise and communicate with Senior Management
- Competitive/Market intelligence: Support the competitive/market intelligence team in developing insights about key industry trends with financial institutions and inform the organization of their strategic implications
- Provide support and expertise for PayPal’s bank partnerships in other regions globally
This role will report to the Head of Payments Partnerships, US and CA
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker with ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks
- Deep understanding of new products/technologies in payments and banking
- Comfort using data to evaluate hypotheses and to communicate ideas
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and execute partnership opportunities
- Track record of delivering tangible results with partners
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Superior communication and influencing skills
- People motivation and development skills
- Appetite to learn and adapt quickly and comfortable with uncertainty
- 10-15+ years experience in related fields, with expertise in banking or payments
- Enterprise-level business development or relationship management experience
- Evidence of progressive career development with increasing job scope and responsibility
- International experience a plus
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Director, Bank Partnerships
- Customer Relationship Management
- Market Intelligence
- Business Development
- Technology Roadmap
- Strategic Partnership