The Ozark Mill and Finley Farms:
Located in the heart of the Ozarks, the Ozark Mill & Finely Farms is a historical and cultural destination for a new generation of travelers. Set along the Finley River in Ozark, MO, just a short drive from Springfield. We have taken great care to restore the working grist mill (built in 1833) along the riverbank, to continue a long tradition of being the center of the community. The mill creates a unique place that embraces our heritage and supports a modern shift towards a simpler way of living. These unique spaces offer events and programs that will allow people to experience an Ozarks way of life in a whole new way. Inspired by the spirit of the Midwest, we are committed to delivering memorable experiences and genuine hospitality.
Our business focus is outdoor retail and destination hospitality. We have deep roots and a deep love for the Ozarks, which is why we are committed to the conservation and restoration of our land and our landmarks. We will maintain our commitment to sustainability through all methodology and practices on the farm, underscoring our respect for the land and the watershed it surrounds. â¯
We are seeking a passionate individual who has a genuine interest in customer experience and hospitality as well as the mission of The Workshop at Finley Farms to build a sense of community over coffee and through crafts.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Providing exceptional, friendly customer service
- Maintaining a clean, professional work environment
- Barista and Bartending duties such as crafting and preparing a variety of customer beverage orders, such as espresso drinks and cocktails
- Preparing and serving food to the quality standards of the shop and health department
- Mindfully operating espresso machine, POS, and other equipment professionally
- Assisting customers in the selection and purchasing of retail and menu offerings
- Representing the vision for Finley Farms and The Workshop
- Cultivating a sense of community by fostering customer relationships
- Assisting with special events, such as birthday parties, wedding receptions, meetings, etc.
Education, Experience and Personality Characteristics:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- At least one year of experience working as a barista, bartender, and/or food preparation.
- Experience in and passion for consumer service.
- Willingness to learn new skills and be a team player.
- An attitude of flexibility and mindfulness about the team approach.
- Delivering quality beverages consistently and according to shop standards.
- Ability to handle all required tasks around handling cash register.
- Learn all menus and is able to communicate all food and beverage offerings.
- Clean and clear service areas.
- Follow proper procedures as disclosed in Standard Operating Procedures as explained to staff.
- Ability to sell, upsell, and take orders.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Perform correct POS transactions, closing duties and accounting procedures as required.
- Preparing food to quality standards and according to health department regulations.
- Maintain good personal hygiene and professional image at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability and desire to obey all local, state, and federal laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to have a flexible schedule and work split-shifts if needed.
- Ability to verbally communicate with guests and other associates
- Ability to memorize and become knowledgeable of menu items.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
- Strives and has the ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, has a sense of urgency and a real concern for guest satisfaction.
- Intrinsically motivated takes pride in owns work.
- Has the ability to stay calm, organized, and efficient when busy.
- Maintains a willingness to learn and to be flexible.
Bass Pro Shops