Rutherford Regional Health System
To render professional nursing care to a group of assigned patients within the hospital. Collaborates with the medical staff and other members of the health care team to provide quality patient care. Performs all activities in accordance with approved policies and guides. Supervises and delegates appropriate duties to ancillary personnel.
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- ACLS within 3 months of hire
- Current RN license to practice in NC (NC licensure or multi-state (compact) license).
Minimum Work Experience:
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- 1-3 years preferred and recent acute care experience or OR experience within past 3 years preferred
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care
- Critical Thinking