The Alaka’ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a need for a Senior Medical Research and Development Analyst to provide professional support services to the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for Health Readiness Program and Oversight (HRP&O) out of Falls Church, VA.
- Supporting the program manager in planning, coordinating, and monitoring the execution of Defense Health Program (DHP) RDT&E funding, developing plans to link the DHP medical research and development (R&D) programs with the military services clinical investigations programs.
- Developing and integrating research and development (R&D) program alternatives for analysis and evaluation.
- Reviewing and integrating R&D program compliance with policies and procedures.
- Translating and integrating Service member needs, and capability requirements into a coherent medical R&D program.
- Defining integrated goals and priorities for assigned program areas.
- Developing a monthly compliance report on the execution of current awards and present informal presentation or briefing to the government Program Director.
- Developing R&D briefings with accomplishments and translational efforts from current program investments per task as requested.
- Developing background and summary reports on selected R&D programs for translation.
- Developing a weekly status update to the Program Director to include relevant completed items, potential risks, issues, and action items on selected translational R&D products; Developing a quarterly report to the DASD(HRP&O) on candidate translational R&D activities.
- Developing and integrating required planning data (technical and resource), priorities, and supporting rationale to justify program requirements.
- Anticipating ensure early identification of program resource shortfalls and technical deficiencies and provide timely recommendations to the government for corrective action or resolution of issues.
- Developing an integrated monthly report on execution data on current awards and present informal briefings to the DASD(HRP&O; Developing an integrated R&D briefing on the accomplishments and translational efforts from current program investments; Developing an integrated background and summary report on selected R&D programs for translations and included in the monthly status report; Developing an integrated weekly status update to the government Program Director to include relevant completed items, potential risks, issues, and action items on projects in the overall R&D portfolio; Developing an integrated quarterly report to the DASD(HRP&O) through government Program Director on projects in the overall R&D portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining an integrated management plan and master schedule for assigned programs.
- Developing narrative program descriptions integrating R&D base objectives and materiel development and procurement programs in support of functional plans, programs, and budget submissions.
- Monitoring and integrating program execution and resource utilization for compliance with guidance and tasking’s.
- Evaluating program performance and providing document staffing support to the Program Director on interactions and requests for support from DoD organizations.
- Providing technical support to other agencies for conduct of research studies and developmental test and evaluation, as required.
- Providing staff support for integrated program requirements, including those associated with Lead and Executive Agent responsibilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have working knowledge and at least 10 years’ experience with the functions of the DoD, DoD Medical Research and the Military Health System to include Health Affairs, the DHA and the military service research systems.
- Must have at least seven (7) years’ experience in analyzing and synthesizing scientific reports, research proposals, technical articles and translational research documents to develop written and briefing responses to support responses to congressional and USG offices inquiries on behalf of the OSD client.
- Must have a working knowledge of DoD acquisition processes as it relates to supporting the research strategy development for the DoD medical research and development programs.
- Must be experienced with and have a working knowledge of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) which is the integral to establishing the OASD(HA) research capabilities and requirements and priorities for the Department.
- Must have a BS degree in science and at least a Master’s degree in Public Health.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. The Alaka`ina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Medical Research and Development Analyst to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Medical Research and Development Analyst
- Clinical Works
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Financial Management
- Joint Capabilities Integration Development Systems