To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Support Representative
Apex Systems • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex systems is seeking a highly qualified customer service representative for an electrical manufacturer company located in Houston, TX. This is an exciting opportunity at a growing company that creates a create work culture and treats its employee’s like family. The ideal Customer Service Representative is someone with great communications and positive attitude and has experience working with parts catalogs.
Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Houston, TX (next to Bush International)
Length: 6+ year contract with possible full-time.
- This company is bringing customer service back to the Houston facility from a different facility in the USA.
- This is a very great company to work at. Culture is a big family where employees have worked there for years.
- Working with customers via phone and email to assist them with parts, component and stock items inquiries.
- The stock catalog has over 5,000 different parts that customers will inquire.
- Will receive inbound calls and email from distributors, OEM and other customers to get answers on part numbers, lead-time for new products etc.
- From time to time, you will have inquiries from new customers trying learning about the product offering
- You will be offering solutions and helping customers in any way possible. You will not be selling at all.
- 2+ plus years customer service experience.
- Strong skills with Microsoft office such as Excel, Outlook and Work.
- Must portray a positive and energetic attitude when dealing with customers.
- Must be functional. Show up on time and do not call off.
- Worked in a Customer Service role that you had to work with Part #’s or a parts Catalog.
HGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Not required)
- Experience with the JD Edwards system.
- Experience with Electrical components or electronic devices
- Experience in the industrial motor control industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers
- Interact with customers via emails, phone calls and internet ads.
- Interact with customers when they come onsite for seminars, dinners and events.
- Determines and schedules orders according to urgency.
- Contacts outside sales force and/or customers to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data on orders.
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email or fax.
- Use phone to reach out to customers and verify account information.
- Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling.
- Assist with placement of orders, cancelling orders, return requests and/or warranties issues.
- Suggest solutions when a product is out of stock – substitutions.
- Cover switchboard as needed.
- High School diploma or general educational degree (GED) and 2 years customer service experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.