JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges. NETWORK ENGINEER JT4 LLC is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support range operations at Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD), China Lake, CA. The individual will be part of a team, which requires substantial experience configuring, testing, debugging, and operating Cisco routers, including the ASR 1001, switches, including Catalyst and SG 350. Additional experience in the use of Linux and Zenoss would be beneficial. The individual will provide software and systems engineering services, generally as a senior member of a work unit or group, in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, software engineers, and other stakeholders across multiple ranges and locations as program needs continue to grow and develop. The individual will interface with stakeholders at Pt. Mugu Sea Range; located in Oxnard, CA will be required. Occasional travel may be required.
Provides software and systems engineering services, generally as a senior member of a work unit or group.
• Manages network system projects, and provides guidance to the technical staff.
• Interacts with customers and project managers on a regular basis.
• Uses broad judgment in defining and solving technical issues of the highest complexity or of far reaching significance.
• Captures and manages customer requirements at a system level, develops and analyzes the most appropriate approach to solve complex technical problems.
• Functions as the Network System Architect overseeing the overall design and configuration management of systems.
• Develops the design of the network and the associated design documentation. Prepares and conducts design reviews.
• Implements the design through hardware configuration and documents the implementation appropriately.
• Plans and executes unit, integration, and systems testing.
• Manages the maintenance and sustainment activities of the network.
• May provide work direction to lower level technical staff.
• Acts as a technical consultant.
• Performs other related duties as requested. PREFERRED:
• Knowledgeable in the use of network and configuration management. Working knowledge of Cisco IOS, routers, multilayer switch, and layer 2 & 3 switch configuration and deployments.
• Zenoss network management system, Linux, experience highly desired.
• Knowledge of Cisco Routers/Switches including Catalyst, and ASR
• Experience with vulnerability scanning.
• Good oral communication and technical writing skills.
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to handle constantly changing work priorities, to be able to multitask effectively during busy times, and to exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• Ability to work responsibly with or without supervision. ADVANCED ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE OF AND EXPERIENCE WITH:
• TCP/IP, IP routing (BGP, OSPF, MPLS), QoS, VoIP, VPN, VPLS and Layer3 networking infrastructures
• Advanced engineering knowledge of network communications methods, including fiber, cable, and wireless technologies
• Knowledge of L2TPv3, GRE, and encapsulation management requirements PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS:
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP
• CISSP INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF: Cisco Routers and Switches and Linux, Zenoss
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Engineer I: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution. Engineer II: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution with 2 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering. Engineer III: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 4 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering. Engineer IV: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 8 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 6 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 4 years of related engineering experience. Engineer V: The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 14 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 10 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 8 years of related engineering experience. Engineer VI: The incumbent must have a Master of Science in Engineering from an accredited academic institution and 16 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 12 years of related engineering experience. The incumbent must possess a well-established, substantial, professional reputation in one or more of the principal technical disciplines of the company. Individuals must demonstrate the ability to direct senior technical personnel in project assignments involving research, development, integration, and sustainment of complex systems or processes. The incumbent must use superior communications skills, both verbal and written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing customers and in writing reports and proposals. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools. Must have demonstrated expertise with computer based systems and applications. Must have excellent programming skills in languages used for job specific programming tasks. Must have experience in the application of industry standard hardware and software design and documentation techniques. Applicant must have extensive knowledge of systems engineering and software development lifecycles. Incumbent will be required to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance. Must have a valid, current state driver's license. A Little About Ridgecrest This position is based in Ridgecrest, California, in Kern County in the southern part of the Indian Wells Valley. Residents are attracted to area for its clean air, good water, highway accessibility, easy access to multiple recreational opportunities, and proximity to major Southern California resources in Los Angeles, Bakersfield, and the Antelope Valley. Ridgecrest is a small, patriotic, family-oriented community, where many of the residents contribute to the vital support of the Navy mission at the nearby China Lake Ranges. Residents live minutes away from community activities and parks, shopping, and the JT4 office. Community parks cover nearly a hundred acres and include playgrounds, a skateboard park, soccer, softball, baseball, and football fields, basketball, tennis, and racquetball courts. Residents enjoy a variety of community events held throughout the year at local city and county parks and cultural centers. Surrounded by four mountain ranges, Ridgecrest is a hub of activity for outdoor enthusiasts, where residents regularly take advantage of Ridgecrest's close proximity to all the best California has to offer in outdoor activities at nearby national forests and wilderness areas including Yosemite, Mono Lake, Sequoia, Red Rock and Owens Peak. The sunny California beach is only three hours away. Ridgecrest is near two major highways, the 395 and 14. The Ontario and Burbank Airports are a little over a two hour drive away. The drive to the Lancaster/Palmdale area is approximately an hour and a quarter. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Rev B Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Quality Of Services
Multiprotocol Label Switching
Virtual Private Lan Services