Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
\#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
We are currently hiring for a Development Director for the Philadelphia Market. This position can be remote, anywhere in the state of Pennsylvania or Delaware.
This is a full time, benefits eligible opportunity.
The Director will be leading the Leaders for Life and Woman of Impact/Teen of Impact initiatives. This will include recruiting fundraising volunteers, securing financial contributions in support of our mission, individual donor cultivation, special event implementation and working collaboratively with internal development staff. Position will include regular daily travel. Competitive salary with incentive potential is offered.
- Drive peer-to-peer fundraising strategies to achieve overall revenue goals. Secure financial contributions by conducting exploratory meetings and revenue generation-focused sales calls. Appropriately document scheduled appointments and results.
- Recruit, engage and recognize high-level volunteers for participation in local, competitive fundraising campaigns. Provide effective orientation, training, and ongoing coaching for recruited volunteers to increase revenue and volunteer experience.
- Build powerful partnerships externally and internally.
- Identify and network with key donors and volunteers. Work collaboratively with volunteers and donors as well as internal staff to broaden the volunteer network and increase mission impact and campaign income.
- Cultivate donors to increase engagement and giving.
- Organize local donor cultivation events and prospect high-impact donors and volunteers. Lead event logistics - digitally and in-person.
- 2+ years of experience in professional fundraising/development or outside sales, management of special event fundraising, sales, marketing and public relations functions
- Demonstrated ability to use interpersonal skills to secure donors and attract, recruit, and lead volunteers and collaborate internally and externally
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation and training
- Ability to apply sound judgment in decision making
- Possess problem-solving skills and be solution-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals
- Ability to use social media and other digital channels
- Ability to travel daily up to 90% and overnight travel up to 10%
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. These skills are subject to testing.
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 2 days ago (9/23/2022 3:04 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-8780
Job Category Field Campaigns
Additional Locations US-PA-Harrisburg | US-PA-Pittsburgh | US-PA-Lancaster | US-DE-Newark | US-PA-Altoona | US-PA-Allentown
Position Type Full Time