This position reports to the Director of Office Operations and Customer Service Supervisor, and is Alpha Baking’s front line representative to our customers. This position is responsible for processing orders received via telephone, email, and fax , as well as providing a variety of other information depending on a particular customer’s needs. These individuals are responsible for handling a customer’s issue from inception through to completion or escalation to a supervisor or manager, acting as the conduit for communications between customers and internal Alpha Baking staff. Customer Service Representatives are responsible for seeing an order through from order placement, communicating with the customer and Alpha Baking staff along the way to ensure complete and timely fulfillment.
Specific Qualifications (items are required unless otherwise noted)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience in customer Service a plus
- Ability to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional verbal, telephone and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a team-player role
- Basic computer skills and experience specifically with Microsoft Office Suite Excel.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to answer phone, listen actively, relay information, and type basic information simultaneously
- The ability to sit for long periods of time
- Customer Focused for a positive customer experience and resolution
- Available to do weekend and overtime work as required.
Alpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
We are an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status, Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.