An Accounting Manager job in Cincinnati, OH is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. The Accounting Manager will be a key member of the Finance and Accounting Team and will be responsible for managing and overseeing government accounting and operations. The Accounting Manager will oversee for all aspects of the day-to-day accounting and month-end close processes, including journal entries, receivables, payables, and payroll, while ensuring accuracy and completeness, including management oversight for cost accountant and payroll/A/P clerk. Successful applicants are also likely to have a government contracting experience with some combination of a top undergraduate degree and/or CPA certification, and experience from a reputable accounting firm. They must have an exceptional work ethic and prior experience leading an accounting organization.
Cost Accounting Manager job duties:
* Oversee and manage accounting team; train, motivate and evaluate team; encourage and support team development
* Responsible for all aspects of the accounting operations including financial reporting and providing technical accounting research and advice on emerging accounting, reporting or business issues as they arise
* Implement and enhance systems to further automate processes for efficiencies and effectiveness while maintaining internal controls and adhering to government regulatory compliance
* Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues
* Assist with integration of acquisitions, including system integration/upgrade and financial statement consolidation
* Implement and maintain financial reporting processes and internal controls
* Monitor cash management activities
* Perform other activities and special projects, as needed
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required; CPA is preferred; MBA preferred
* 8-10 years of experience with billing, including knowledge of government contract types and accounting.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience, as well as government contracting experience is required
* Experience with government accounting systems (i.e. unanet, costpoint) preferred
* An excellent knowledge of US GAAP is required, combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
* Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Must be able to work independently, think critically and apply consistent standards in work with frequent changes in
* Hyperion experience is a plus
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
If you are interested in this Accounting Manager job in Cincinnati, OH, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles