To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fayetteville, AR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Design Manager
Bassett Furniture Industries • Fayetteville, AR
Posted 10 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a furniture store committed to helping people achieve the home of their dreams, our design managers have two highly defined skills: interior design and training. They must be able to help people reflect their personal style and be able to pass this skill on to the sales team.
At Bassett, our free in-home design service not only sets us apart from other furniture stores but is a key ingredient for developing customer relationships and providing opportunity for increased sales. We refer to this technique as “makeovers”. The design manager not only trains design consultants on effective housecall selling, but works side by side with them on preparing customer presentations, product choices and other customer design needs. The design manager is also responsible for maintaining the design center and providing back up for the store manager.
Bassett design managers are compensated on an annual salary plus commission.
Position requirements include:
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in interior design, visual merchandising or other design-related field
- Ability to train and coach a sales team with varying levels of design skills
- Ability to break the ice and develop rapport with customers
- Ability to develop complete room plans using creative space and color planning
- Ability to develop and present design recommendations to fit various budgets and customer needs
- Ability to 'close the deal' and sell to customers off the door as well as to housecalls clients
- Working knowledge of effective merchandising
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to work most weekends and holidays
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.