To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital • Ridgecrest, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under minimal direction, the Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist will perform active concurrent and retrospective review, providing constructive feedback and support to clinical providers and staff, to improve the documentation of all conditions, treatments, and care plans within the health record to accurately reflect the condition and treatment of the patient and promote patient care. In addition, documentation should reflect requirements associated with Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI), E&M Level assignment, HCC Risk Adjustment, Severity of Illness, Risk of Mortality, presence of Chronic Conditions, Present on Admission (POA) and other CMS/third party reimbursement rules and considerations.
1. Associate Degree in healthcare field, Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Three to Five years experience in a healthcare field such as clinical care, case management/utilization review, coding, or health information management with experience/knowledge of Evaluation & Management coding.
3. Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and deductive reasoning required.
4. Knowledge of healthcare government (Medicare, Medi-Cal) and third party (Blue Cross, etc.) insurance is required.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
6. Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
7. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills required.
8. Must be able to put into practice Service Excellence skills with patients, families, providers and co-workers.
9. Ability to obtain certification as a Certified Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIP) within one (1) year. *CB