To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lorton, VA 22079
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Solutions Sales Manager - Lorton, VA (Covanta Environmental Solutions)
Covanta • Lorton, VA
Posted 2 months ago
About Covanta Environmental Solutions: Covanta Environmental Solutions offers comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex environmental challenges. With a nationwide network of treatment, recycling and energy-from-waste facilities, Covanta Environmental Solutions enables customers to mitigate risk and reach their sustainability goals. For more information, visit www.covanta.com/Our-Solutions .
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Solutions Sales Manager (Outside Sales) is a multi-pronged role in developing lead generation, appointment setting, and driving new business, namely with new clients. The SSM will research, identify and develop business opportunities, primarily in the industrial marketplace.
The Solutions Sales Manager will sell a broad range of environmental services, including, but not limited to; liquids waste management, technical and chemical services, industrial field services, on-site services, remediation services, transportation services, waste disposal, zero waste-to-landfill services, etc. Within 90 days from hire, the SSM should have the skill and know-how to handle prospects in evaluating and driving the process to engage the opportunity and complete their first sale. This role is performance based and can lead to broader territories or leadership opportunities.
This is a Lorton & VA based position.
What Makes This a Great Opportunity?
- Learn in-depth research skills and be at the front line of driving revenue
- Call into C-level, VP, EHS Manager and Director levels
- Unlimited growth and income opportunity. Most aggressive paying bonus programs in the induistry.
- Ability to set and manage your schedule while working in a flexible environment
- Work for a firm that believes in treating its clients and candidates with honesty and integrity
- Identify target accounts through networking, internet and phone research
- Identify prospects
- Find contact information and verify data for accuracy
- Create/Manage/Update data in CRM system
- Find relevant news that aids in prospecting
- Work with Marketing to develop and send pre-approach letters to prospects
- Manage sales reporting as needed
- Appointment Setting
- Focus on warm and cold calling, interest generation and appointment setting
- Mail and Email campaign management
- Follow up calling on leads generated via marketing campaigns
- Attend select networking events
- Set appointments and drive new business
- Goal of 5 + new meetings booked per week.
Outside Business Development
- Manage incoming referrals, vetting out potential and driving new business
- Full cycle sales on select accounts (from identifying opportunities, meeting with prospects, crafting proposals and closing engagement) following consistent meeting/exceeding of sales metrics.
- Prior experience selling sustainability programs, transportation services, chemical sales, hazardous material handling services, safety services and programs, and manufacturing services helpful.
- Knowledge of waste water treatment, hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams, recycling, and green initiatives desired.
- Minimum 5 years’ outside sales experience
- Interest in business development (rather than account management) with a “hunter” mentality
- Experience or technological aptitude (working with CRM systems a plus)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: willingness to do “whatever it takes” to achieve results in a start-up environment
- Interpersonal skills - ability to interface easily with a diverse group of people
- Intuitive and creative problem solver, resourceful and flexible thinker
- Strong communication skills: listening and persuasion – credible persona
- Track record of taking initiative and meeting or exceeding tight timelines with attention to detail.
- Decisive personality - Ability to set priorities and consistently drive results
- Ability to handle objections quickly, calmly and effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree