To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Morristown, NJ 07960
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Intern - Human Resources | Talent Acquisition
Covanta • Morristown, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
As a HR Intern, you will get an opportunity to be involved in various strategic, tactical and operational areas of HR with a focus on Talent Acquisition function. This will include conducting research, supporting internal processes, and performing data analysis. You will work cross-functionally with other teams in HR and with other departments in the company. There may be an opportunity to continue the internship beyond summer.
Areas you could be involved in include:
- Talent pipeline for ECDP, Internship and/ or Co-Op programs
- Data analysis and assist in reporting
- Research niche job sites and advertising on job boards and social media sites
- Candidate management, including Applicant Tracking System
- Research in the areas of employer branding, candidate experience, social media and market intelligence- Candidate sourcing and networking
- Initial candidate screening
- Career events and presentations
- Support and coordinate other TA activities
- Pursuing graduate or undergraduate degree program with a major/ minor or interest in HR or Business.
- Relevant experience will be a plus
- Able to commit to a mutually agreed work schedule and hours of work
- Strong attention to detail
- Sharp learning curve
- Strong web research skills, Boolean search skills a plus
- Ability to organize, analyze and present data
- Ability to be resourceful and work independently
- Customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of
internal and external customers
- Handle confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion
(Internal Tracking Code: *LI-COV)