Are you driven to solve the most pressing challenges in bringing large complex data sets together with powerful software-based tools?
Join a growing team of passionate, self-motivated, talented, and creative people with big ideas about the future of software for the investment industry. Backstop is a Chicago based company that makes web-based software applications for the institutional investment industry. Over the last few years, we have grown considerably, won several awards, and built a lot of great software. Backstoppers take our customers and our service very seriously, but pride ourselves on not taking ourselves too seriously in the process.
The Product Team is seeking a Business Analyst to assist Product Managers focused on addressing the growing complexities of bringing data and software together to create the largest impacts for the investment industry. The ideal candidate has tactical experience working with non-normalized data OR has worked with enterprise ETL projects.
Experience and Skills
* Assist in coordinating efforts between teams in Chicago and remote offices
* Help prioritize bugs and enhancement requests in specific functional queues
* Actively communicate with Product Managers and remote teams regarding current and future development projects.
* Focus on Commercial API development and Data Integration opportunities supporting primary Product Lines
* Regularly engage with internal and external stakeholders to conduct research, gather feedback, and coordinate project deliverables
* Work with Software Engineering teams for Product-related issues
* Attend key Agile/Scrum sprint ceremonies and participates in discussion with development team(s)
* Assist in market and usage analysis for assigned areas in support of Product initiatives
* Translate market requirements provided by Product Managers into detailed functional specifications
* Verify that developed software matches the specifications
* Update product documentation to reflect developed software
* Support release and launch of software product
Qualifications & Experience:
* 1-2 years of financial services experience; 1-2 years of exposure to product management or technical project management exposure on a web-based software product
* Knowledgeable in product management concepts
* Limited travel to customers, vendors and partners
* Ability to work collaboratively
* Willingness to join weekly time shift calls to overlap with remote engineers
* Previous experience supporting a data-based product
* Fluent in Mandarin
* Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, term life & disability
* Parental leave benefits
* Vacation and sick time
* Retirement with company match (401(k) in the US and Pension in the UK)
* Professional organization membership
* Personal learning and development budget
* Team building and quarterly company events
* Work with inquisitive, unique, and dedicated coworkers
* Casual work environment (denim encouraged when not visiting clients)
* The chance to work for a growing service provider in the institutional financial industry
Expected Compensation for fully qualified candidates: $75,000-$110,000 Base Salary
We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of disability, veteran status, or personal characteristic, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion is both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
- Data Integration