At Murphy Oil Corporation, we believe the rich experiences and backgrounds of our employees strengthen our Company, create a productive workforce, and drive our success. We encourage you to apply for the positions for which you meet the qualifications.
The Royalty & Revenue Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day monthly royalties for Canada Onshore properties as well as revenue accounting functions for applicable properties, including completing monthly financial entries, management reporting and financial reporting and analysis.
The Royalty & Revenue Accountant will work in our Houston Corporate office and may work two (2) days a week remote.
- Process and validate Alberta and British Columbia monthly gas crown & oil APMC invoices
- Prepare oil & gas royalty walk and expense entries for management sign-off
- Provide PAD report and royalty balances to Production Accounting
- Prepare monthly Revenue and Royalty Accruals
- Prepare month end production and royalty walk and variance analysis reporting
- Prepare, analyze, and ensure monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with providing royalty information for forecasting and reserve analysis
- Assist with Annual Royalty Related Filings for Alberta and BC
- Interpret royalty regulations and other various agreements and determine implications to operations, royalties, and financial reporting
- Liaison with other owners and governments to address property related issues; internally liaison with operations and planning to provide explanations for production and royalty related variances
- Complete monthly invoicing, distribution, and analysis for all product receivables (oil, gas, ngl’s)
- Prepare netback calculations for all products and allocate revenue to areas by product
- Ensure timely and accurate settlement of transactions
- Review and clear Revenue A/R balances
- Handle month end reporting activities including inventory gains/ losses, pricing & volume analysis
- Assist with Accounting system initiatives and issues (maintenance, interface and data related)
- Liaison between Marketing, Lease Revenue Accounting, Credit and Treasury Departments
- Assist with Quarterly and Annual Disclosures
- Identify and implement process improvements initiatives; project work as needed
- Ensure maintenance of all key process documentation, SOX process narratives, internal controls and control testing
- Prepare Internal / External audit queries
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in oil and gas revenue or royalties accounting
- Experience with Excel and SAP
We believe in providing energy that empowers people.
We challenge the norm, tap into our strong legacy and use our foresight and financial discipline to deliver inspired energy solutions.
We see a future where we are an industry leader who is positively impacting lives for the next 100 years and beyond.
VALUES & BEHAVIORS
Do Right Always
- Respect people, safety, environment and the law
- Follow through on commitments
- Make it better
Think Beyond Possible
- Offer solution
- Step up and lead
- Don’t settle for “good enough”
- Embrace new opportunities
Stay With It
- Show resilience
- Lean into challenges
- Support each other
- Consider the implications
Murphy Oil Corporation participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program. Please read the [ Link removed ] / [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] before proceeding with your job application.
For additional information, you may also visit the 1000004718190.
Murphy Oil Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
- Internal Controls