We are North Americaâs leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!Job DescriptionPosition: Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Supervisor
Downtown San Jose-Large Software Company
Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Pay Rate:$28.00 HR
Must have at least 2 years of secuirty experience
Must be over 21 years old
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Supervisor in the Security Operations organization is responsible for reviewing, tracking and remediating potential security incidents and compliance issues across the enterprise. The Supervisor will be the Shift leader for the GSOC Operators and manage response efforts providing guidance, exercising judgement with defined procedures and frequently interacting with customers, internal partners, peer group leaders, vendors and Global Safety and Security Management to properly respond and execute their duties. The GSOC Supervisor must be detail oriented, have a strong aptitude in system and network security and a desire to be a member of a team oriented organization. Daily responsibilities will focus on the monitoring of security events and reports from a variety of security systems and tools. This person must be able to interact with various operations teams to validate and remediate security incidents with a key focus on service to the overall corporate security program. Work alongside Security Administrators to deliver superior security services to companyâs business units.
Tasks related to this position include but will not be limited to:
- Be the Shift leader for the GSOC Operators and response efforts providing guidance within the scope of the operations
- Exercise good judgement with defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action(s).
- Interact with customers, internal partners, peer group leaders, vendors and Global Safety and Security Management to properly respond and execute their duties
- Evaluate global incidents that may impact employees or offices and escalate accordingly to security management and subsequently to other business units within (HR, IT, Legal, Facilities, country leaders, etc.)
- Work with Security Engineers and vendors to build and/or deliver viable solution/suggestions for streamlining processes
- Work on issues where analysis of situation or date requires review of relevant factors.
- Able to communicate with Senior Safety & Security management on matters related to global incidents, operational issues and critical situations.
- Monitor, test and oversee the service and repair of the enterprise security software/tools being utilized in the GSOC
- Be the in house Specialist for one or more systems to exploit the full capabilities of the system
- Communicate, track, document and report progress on projects/initiatives and areas of responsibility
- Support global team members in the delivery of Security based products and services
- Work with the Global Safety & Security team to develop improvements of the overall GSOC operations and security posture
- Establish operational objectives and determine and work plans, and delegate assignments to GSOC Operators
- Act as primary escalation point for 3rd party managed security services vendors
- Work incidents to completion with involved parties and track resolution in incident management tracking system
- Interface with Security Operations Systems Administrators and Vendors to ensure proper function of systems, tools and reports
- Able to manage and handle situations of a sensitive nature and maintain companyâs confidentiality and information security practices (medical record, personnel issues, investigations, public relations incidents, emergency personnel contact information, etc.)
- Conduct investigations and provide reports to Security Management team as requested
- Exercise good judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Self-starter that requires little to no supervision while meeting project deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent telephone skills
- Above average computer and keyboard knowledge and ability to learn new systems and programs quickly
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and to handle emergency situations
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion, ability to handle confidential information is crucial, and exercise sound judgment.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Windows
- C-Cure Access Control System
- GE Interlogix Casi Picture Perfect Access Control System
- Security and GSOC operations experience
- Vicon Digital Video Recorders
- iView Program
- Bachelorâs Degree or equivalent experience
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americaâs leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Attention To Detail