To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfield, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Amcor • Fairfield, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Amcor Rigid Plastics
Direct the quality assurance program for the plant. Performs duties relating to inspection, laboratory testing, statistical process control and salvage operations. Implement, maintain and modify as appropriate the company/plant quality management system to improve business operating systems and meet the requirements of customer. Lead/assist with the corrective action of quality related problems at the plant and/or customer location and start-up of new products/processes. Assist in troubleshooting technical problems. Develop and maintain audit documentation and maintain effective quality systems.
Specific Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Amcor “No Injuries Safety Contract” and as trained. Understands and communicates all hazards and safety issues to co-workers and supervisors. Properly uses all required personal protective equipment.
- Plan the daily function of the Quality Department.
- Supervise hourly personnel at the assigned location(s
- Provides leadership for company, regional, and plant initiatives.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate data and information and develop recommendations for use by plant management.
- Disseminates sampling procedures, control plans and designs for production use. Implements and develops work instruction and forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Assesses appropriate document controls are in place at minimum 1 x/year.
- Utilize quality techniques to reduce process variations or refine process parameters based upon results.
- Assist in problem solving through use of statistical analysis and utilization of quality tools. Lead and promote problem solving teams to perform root cause analysis and failure investigations. Assist in tracking and trending of corrective and preventative actions to ensure items are closed out on a timely basis.
- Serve as the main representative of the assigned location(s) in dealing with customer complaints, quality problems and/or programs. Travel as required to customer locations to ascertain the nature of problems and their impacts. Appraise and coordinate the appropriate manufacturing/quality/technical support personnel of findings and recommended corrective action plans. Follow-up to conclusion
- Alert management of potential quality problems to assure that defective product or raw materials are not used or shipped to the customer.
- Act as plant resource to standardize formal investigations through process evaluation, template development and training.
- Develop and assist with development of standard operating procedures, work instructions and form control documents.
- Demonstrates organizational ability to complete daily assignments as required to meet internal and external customer requirements in a concise detailed manner.
- Assist with customer complaint investigations and vendor incident notifications.
- Maintain product safety and compliance documentation. Responsible for the upkeep of records and documents that correspond to regulatory, customer, and third party audit requirements.
- Perform containments; evaluate quality, visit customers and vendors as needed.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement activities at the plant level.
- Performs other related duties as directed by plant manager or quality manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: Quality Supervisor – Page 2
- Those employees with authorized training, have the ability to shut down / stop equipment if continued operation is a threat to any employee’s health and safety
- Recommend staff stop production for unacceptable quality
- Recommend staff quarantine out-of-specification products, materials or supplies
- Contact any member of management without fear of reprisal concerning questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding quality, working conditions or job environment
Job Specifications and Requirements
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree desired. A degree in Engineering, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred.
- Professional accreditation by ASQ in CQE, or CQMOE, is preferred.
- Previous quality assurance or manufacturing work experience is preferred
- Physical Requirements: This is a medium physical demand job
- Employees must be able to work overtime, weekends and nights.
- Frequently carry greater than 10 pounds up to 30 pounds; occasionally lift 50 pounds overhead with assistance.
- Employees are required to stand / walk on concrete floors.
- Employees are required to bend; turn / twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.