To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Discount Tire
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Real Estate Accounting Specialist II - CAM
Discount Tire Corporate Careers • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted 11 days ago
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Real Estate Accounting Specialist I or II under general supervision, processes Common Area Maintenance (CAM) expenses; also provides support in at least one other area of Real Estate expenses such as insurance, property tax or straight-line rent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains current vendor & landlord contact info in Real Estate Management System (REMS) and financial system; obtains proper documentation for vendor changes.
- Processes Lease obligations for assigned locations in compliance with respective lease clauses and calculation details, including, rent, CAM, tax and insurance expenses (CTI); analyzes landlord supporting schedules by expense category; comparing year to year variances; identifies discrepancies. Prepares correspondence to landlord and property management companies to resolve discrepancies/ disputes.
- Analyzes annual CAM budget adjustments; enters payment schedules into REMS.
- Calculates Consumer Price Index (CPI) adjustments and percentage rent payments; processes payment in REMS.
- Collaborates with Construction Team to identify tenant improvement/ construction allowances, construction deposits, reimbursements and other miscellaneous receivables due for various properties; notifies Landlord of outstanding receivables owed and obtains payment(s) to satisfy obligations.
- Researches and responds to property information inquiries, including estoppels, consents, repair and maintenance obligations.
- Interprets language in lease clauses and other governing documents such as Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs), Reciprocal Easement Agreements (REAs); escalates to management if necessary.
- Trains and provides guidance to Real Estate Specialist I.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to Real Estate management processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three years lease administrator, commercial property management or lease accounting experience.
- Knowledge of CAM expense & Real Estate Property tax administration is required.
- Proficiency in Real Estate Management software required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word and Excel, is necessary.
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to write in a clear and concise manner; present complex ideas clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships with vendors/customers and cross functional teams.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills are required.
- In addition, troubleshooting organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
- This position requires an Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
- Additional college level Real Estate or business related classes are beneficial