ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in providing the fundamental aspects of programs or cases and assists in providing client services, including support for families, under close and regular supervision.
- Assists with conducting programs to prevent and resolve client problems.
- Provides information and referral to clients over the phone or in person
- Provides case management assistance, i.e. preparation/maintenance of client files, mailings, client tracking, and technical and administrative assistance.
- Assists clients in identifying benefits, social and community services and helps clients obtain them.
- Assists with transportation needs
- Provides emotional support to clients.
- Assists with daily living skills
- Assists or organize/lead client activities
- Assists with crisis intervention
- Confers with medical/other personnel on client behalf
- Basic knowledge and understanding of case management
- Basic computer and software skills and experience
- Complete work with accuracy and meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; understand and follow directions
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, caregivers, service providers and staff
- Knowledge of community resources is highly desirable
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: N/A
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma; 1 year of related work experience (paid or unpaid). Fingerprinting required.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid drivers license