Regional Sales Specialist
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Sedgwick is a global leader in property insurance claims, offering solutions for commercial and residential markets. We specialize in large/complex losses, large domestic and international commercial risks, middle market commercial property losses, and real estate and catastrophic losses.
To promote and sell the organization's products and/or services within an assigned geographic area; To generate sales leads for prospects/clients via telemarketing, social media and local marketing events. To engage potential clients interested in the organizations products and/or services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generates sales leads for the organization products and services through direct communication via telemarketing, social media and local marketing events.
- Pursues sales leads and responds to inquiries regarding products and/or services.
- Maintains call records and prepares applicable documents for sales team regarding sales status.
- Provides both technical and support to field sales team.
- Evaluates and interprets customer needs in effort to expand client list.
- Refers sales leads and customer feedback to appropriate contacts within the organization to respond to changing market conditions and customer demands.
- Coordinates and presents at major conferences and attends local claims association events.
- Handles miscellaneous projects.
Education & Licensing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred.
Four (4) years of sales or public speaking experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of company products, and/or services.
- Knowledge of social media for sales
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills, including efficient use of MS Excel
- Excellent problem solving and resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer