Montefiore Medical Center's Division of Clinical Pathology is responsible for the laboratory testing of blood, urine, and body fluids for disease diagnosis and health maintenance. Utilizing the latest advances in computer technology, the Division maintains millions of dollars of state-of-the-art automated equipment at its laboratory sites and services hospitals, nursing homes, the Montefiore Medical Group, faculty practices, and voluntary physicians' offices at more than 40 sites.
The Flow Lab Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Flow Lab to ensure the highest quality of patient care while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements. The individual oversees staff performance, interactions, and quality of work. The Flow Lab Supervisor is also responsible for managing the clinical operations, ensuring instrumentation and testing run smooth and without any issues or errors. The Flow Lab Supervisor is responsible for enforcing compliance with any regulatory agency requirements. The individual will supervise staff and be able to address and resolve any issues, act as an active liaison between the laboratory and clinical staff (physicians, nursing etc.) and have direct and open lines of communication with other supervisors, the laboratory manager, site director, administration and others as needed.
* Oversee daily operation of the Flow Cytometry Laboratory- ensure the lab provides quality and timely results in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
* Maintain laboratory compliance with accrediting agencies: NYSDOH, JCAHO and CAP. Qualifications:
* Create and maintain SOPM for procedures performed on site.
* Manage human resources: recruit, discipline, orient and train new staff members. Evaluate staff for competency and performance. Schedule and assign staff as needed.
* Perform duties as related to Lab Information System- data must be part of electronic medical record.
* Coordinate the process of transferring specimens to the laboratory to ensure timely testing of all specimens.
* Review Quality Control and other related records.
* Perform Flow Cytometry or other laboratory testing as required and as needed- provide bench coverage when needed.
* Participate in departmental meetings to be informed as to department goals, updates, follow-ups, and changes.
* Material management to ensure that reagent and supplies are acquired and in stock as needed.
* Promote a respectful work environment in accordance with Montefiore Excellence standards of respect.
* Assists in the training of residents, fellows, and other trainees.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
* Bachelor's Degree required
* NYS Department of Education Clinical Laboratory Technologist license (restricted license acceptable).
* To qualify for a supervisor position, as per NYS DOE, 6 years of bench experience as CLT required (2 years could be substituted for a Master's degree in Science or Arts).
* Must be knowledgeable of regulatory agencies requirements, as well as laboratory and MMC policies and procedures.
* Possess great communication skills and be able to manage highly stressful situations.
* Knowledge of laboratory and hospital information system computers, variety of automated equipment, and laboratory equipment are required.
This position is located in the Flow Lab in the Moses campus. The hours are 9:00 am - 5:30 pm.
Department: Pathology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 111 East 210th Street, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 9 AM-5:30 PM Req ID: 198271
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values of Montefiore. We are committed to recruiting and creating an environment in which associates feel empowered to thrive and be their authentic selves through our inclusive culture. We welcome your interest and invite you to join us.
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Hospital Information Systems
- Human Resources