About the job Software Engineer Principal Engineer (Software)Summary
Work within advanced engineering groups regarding development of embedded software to support control system development and machine intelligence efforts. The software development work encompasses firmware, application software, and operating systems for Internet of Things applications, advanced vehicle components (including motors, drives, engines, generators, energy storage cells etc.), autonomous vehicle systems, advanced suspensions, material handling and other auxiliary equipment for on-road and off-road applications.ESSENTIAL DUTY AND RESPSONSIBILITY
1. Conduct independent research and development on new technologies and establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project related to real-time operating system (RTOS), Autosar, embedded systems, open-source tools, Internet of Things (IOT), edge computing and architecture virtualization.
2. Carry out the technical aspects of advanced vehicle system controls research and development in the aspect of implementation using embedded software tools, version control and configuration management, verification and validation, DevOps and CI/CD software.
3. Work with internal and external project teams on advanced control development efforts independently with minimum supervision using embedded software and model-based development tool suites.
4. Write requirements and design documentation and can travel off-site to support engineering projectsEducation and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer, Software Engineering or Information Technology and 8-plus years related experience or Master's degree in Computer or Software Engineering and 5-plus years related experience
2. Ability to write high-quality, maintainable, object-oriented C++ software
3. Work experience in electrical-electronics (E-E) system architecture design, real-time operating system, Linux, and embedded virtualization preferred.
4. Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle control system experiences
5. Work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture a plus
6. In-depth work experience in Wind River Vxworks, Linux operating systems, drivers and peripheral handling, dSPACE or Vector tools
- Au Tomotive Open System Architecture (Autosar)
- Automotive Industry
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Can Bus
- Configuration Management