Purpose of the Job
The Business Services Lending Assistant provides timely and accurate support by assisting multiple high volume Business Service Officers with high volumes of loans from within various markets, to ensure effective lending functions of the Credit Union are being followed both pre and post loan closing. This role serves as the primary servicing contact post close to ensure the Business Service Officers have the necessary support to answer various servicing questions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products and services offered by the Credit Union.
- Provides member service, including change of addresses, research on member accounts and routine inquiries.
- Assists members with any issues or concerns pre and post close.
- Provides support on business loan requests from application through information gathering, and credit evaluation/underwriting to handing off the request to the Loan Documentation Team for loan closing.
- Performs ongoing portfolio management including serving member business relationships, gathering of financials for annual loan reviews, maturing loans, and BARM repricing.
- Works on Collateral releases, subordination requests, payment due date changes, modification requests and various servicing of existing loans within the assigned portfolio.
- Reviews and creates commitment letters ensuring the commitment letter and approval are capturing all requirements.
- Provides requested payoff letters, process loan payments, transfers, wire transfers etc.
- Orders Flood certifications and Free EDR screening reports when applicable.
- Builds and Reviews member credit files for accuracy ensuring all required documentation prior to loan closing is contained in the file prior to the loan documentation team being engaged.
- Assists and completes review of credit files for annual NCUA and third party examinations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact Business Member Owners and Business Service Officers pre close.
- Ensures credit files are accurate prior to submission to the Loan Documentation Team.
- Assists Lenders with their assigned past dues.
- Coordinates Line of Credit advance requests for construction loans or disbursing of funds.
- Processes line of credit advances.
- Prepares/Organizes closed loan packages for processing by the Loan Doc Specialist Group.
- Obtains Credit Reports, required financials and necessary documentation from borrowers to assist the Business Service Officers.
- Clears loan exceptions on newly closed or renewed loans.
- Identifies and clears documentation deficiencies within credit files.
- Assists with collection of collateral insurance, Including general liability, hazard, flood to ensure all collateral is adequately covered.
- Monitors exceptions report to clear loan exceptions in a timely manner.
- Works with the Loan Doc Team on the creation of new business services products, from creation and design to implementation.
- Reviews business loan documentation for execution accuracy pre closing.
- Manages the servicing inquires sent into the business services shared mailbox from both Members and Lenders.
- Completes Credit File Reviews for all assigned ALRs.
- Facilitates routine loan disbursements for commercial construction loans and lines of credit as well as other general ledger functions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Strong creative and problem solving ability
- Must have the ability to work with people at different job levels ranging from Senior Managers to front line employees
- Must have strong computer skills, including intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the credit union
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
- Accurate typing skills
- Must have strong PC skills, with intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a commercial department within a financial institution or attorney firm generating business loan documentation
- Experience with commercial construction loans preferred
- Previous experience in financial services/business development related field or paralegal background is required