Job Number: R0099081
Systems Test Engineer, Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in national defense? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to shape testing of naval systems. On our team, you’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas of underwater platforms. Grow your skills by merging systems engineering and Agile or Scrum processes.
You will apply knowledge of the systems engineering discipline across one or more components of the system development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements development, system test, system analysis, integration, verification, transition, and operations. You will participate in program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and drive the proper application of systems engineering processes. You will need to leverage your expertise in the systems engineering (SE) process for system engineering technical reviews (SETRs), system certification processes, and specialty engineering activities.
Empower change with us.
- 10 years of experience with system tests for real time weapon systems
- 5+ years of experience with system or software testing of weapons systems, preferably submarine launch ballistic missile (SLBM) or Command and Control systems
- 5+ years of experience with Integrated Warfare Systems and Naval Surface Warfare Center boards
- 5+ years of experience with Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix and the Verification & Validation (V&V) model and life cycle
- Knowledge of system requirements analysis, development, integration, and testing
- Knowledge of requirements management using the DOORS tool
- Ability to apply model results to support decision making
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with configuration management (CM) processes and configuration control board (CCB) support, including performing requirements traceability.
- Experience with performing test activities, including V&V, software or system integration testing, segment or system level testing, or Shipboard testing
- Experience in combat system integration with command and control, weapon control, networks, display systems, and communications systems
- Knowledge of other SE fields, including configuration management, risk management, Cybersecurity, system safety, and certification processes
- Ability to identify and support the test and integration activities required to verify and validate the system against requirements and needs
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.