At TradeStation, we believe in empowering our customers to claim their individual financial edge. We are committed to creating a financial ecosystem that is a step ahead by delivering the best technology, services, education, and support to traders and investors. We are continuously pushing the boundaries of what is possible, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and a relentless search for innovation.
We are a team of amazing people who work together in a high-performance, goal-oriented culture to provide our customers with exceptional products and services. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy. POSITION SUMMARY:
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Product Manager, focusing primarily on Futures trading, to work within a team of skilled product managers responsible for our brokerage products.
This role reports to the VP of Product Management. It presents an ideal opportunity for someone experienced in the broker-dealer futures space, who is excited to stay on top of industry trends and our customer needs, create strategic plans for enhancing our futures products, strengthen our competitive edge, and achieve company growth.
A Senior Product Manager at TradeStation is an expert, cross-functional collaborator responsible for understanding the competitive landscape and customer needs, defining the business product requirements, prioritizing initiatives, managing the product life cycle, and working closely with many teams across the TradeStation organization. The Sr. Product Manager for Futures Trading is responsible for ensuring we have a superior futures product that supports a growing and efficient futures trading business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assess and present product opportunities in the online brokerage trading space focusing primarily on futures/commodities products
- Collaborate with the brokerage team to define the company's product vision and product differentiation strategy for our futures brokerage products
- Create and maintain product roadmaps in your product areas
- Actively research and analyze industry and technology trends and the competitive landscape in the futures broker-dealer space.
- Spend time in the market with customers and vendors to understand opportunities or issues and find innovative solutions to differentiate and grow our futures products
- Manage and monitor the product life cycle by collaborating with our Technology, Operations, and Marketing teams
- Work closely with stakeholders and our marketing team to optimize marketing messages and optimize product positioning
- Create detailed business requirements documents and work closely with the development teams to ensure products meet the business needs
- Evaluate and suggest improvement to existing business processes
- Participate in emergency calls that occur due to outages, network issues, or client impacting events and aid in resolution paths
- Manage the Futures Exchange and Industry vendor relationships
- Participate in Market Open Call meetings
- Coordinate Holiday trading changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent at executing Product Management responsibilities, and best product development practices in an agile organization
- In depth understanding of futures/commodities markets, trading interfaces, order management systems, trading back-office systems, futures margin rules, and overall brokerage operations
- Strong analytical and data-driven business goal mindset
- Results-driven with a "get things done" attitude
- Constant self-improvement, permanent learning, and intellectual curiosity is required
- A passion for learning about innovative trends in Fintech
- Outstanding communicator and collaborator
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion
- An advocate for simple and effective product designs and customer experience
- Team player who can work flexible hours and must be willing to travel as necessary
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years' experience as a product manager or product owner in the securities industry with a focus on the futures/commodities retail trading products
- Background in brokerage products, operations, and risk management
- Experience with industry vendors such as FIS (phase 3 and GMI), CME, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's/MBA a plus)
- FINRA Certifications Series 7 and Series 3 a plus
New Product Development