$80000.00 to $110000.00 yearly
Robert Half has an opportunity for someone with a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department to become a Controller at a reputable professional service company. This role's duties will require hands-on performance of all general ledger accounting, budgeting, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. The ideal candidate for this position can lead with integrity and reliability and have the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. We want to hear from you if you are a creative team player with a talent for challenging the status quo while building stronger relationships with other departments.
If you are an Accounting Supervisor or Manager and it's time to advance your career, consider this position. The Controller will be a permanent employment opportunity and will be located in the Santa Rosa, California region.
What you get to do every single day
- Work closely with executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Handle monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Guide and participate in all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Review deliverables of self and team to align with client expectations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field preferred. AA/AS in Accounting will be considered.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Manager preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), professional service billing (time billing & flat rate+expenses), and collections
- Hands-on experience with Bank Deposits, Bank Account Reconciliation, and Daily Cash Management
- Quality experience with journal entries, general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Advanced knowledge in QuickBooks and Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel is required. Prior use of BillQuick is a plus.
- Wide ranging experience with Month-end close and preparation of financial statements
- Prior experience with the annual budgeting process as well as month-end variance analysis
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
For immediate consideration, please call Amanda Howell at
after applying to this role.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controller
for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Income Statement
- Accounts Receivable
- Balance Sheet
- General Ledger