* Disseminating information to supervisory staff to enhance institutional/agency intelligence.
* Surveillance of potential threat areas. Interview and verify photographs have been taken of all new arrivals.
* Complete paperwork/packets on inmates who are suspected to be involved in gang activity.
* Assist contraband staff in searching cells of suspected gang members. Monitor inmate phone calls.
* Maintain accurate records of all confiscated items such as written material containing code and symbols.
* Supervise assigned subordinates to ensure full monitoring of individuals of concern, and adherence to established policy and procedures.
* Coordinate with institutional STG committees.
* Gather STG related evidence and intelligence.
* Assist in monitoring STG populations within institutions.
* Act as the institutional representative at STG member designation hearings.
* Conduct inmates' STG status evaluations.
* Ensure that all procedural outlines are being adhered to and ensure that all timelines are being Met by subordinate intelligence staff.
* Assist with any duties as assigned by the statewide STG coordinator, assistant statewide coordinator or STG analyst.
Must successfully complete eight (8) week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Intel Lieutenant (#010975 Lee Correctional Institutional, Bishopville (LEE) Level 3
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and supervisory experience in correctional, security or police work.
A bachelor's degree in human services or criminal justice field may substitute for the required supervisory experience.
SCDC Minimum Requirements: (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
* Three (3) years' experience in correctional, security, military, or police work.
* To include one (1) year of supervisory experience.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committedto providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education.
- Criminal Justice
- Human Resources
- People Services