Year RoundWho We Are:
At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by our convenient location, though... you'll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!Who We Are Looking For:
Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?Perks & Benefits:
There's more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of resort marketing and promotional strategies. The candidate must have a proven track record of success in advertising and media analytics. The position will report directly to the Marketing Manager. The most qualified candidates will have a background in brand management, paid media management or agency account management.
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Specialist is to assist in planning, execution, and reporting on advertising and promotional campaigns to support resort goals. Campaign objectives include increasing brand awareness and familiarity, driving incremental guest visits and increasing ancillary revenue. In addition, the Marketing Specialist will assist in building and supporting the resort's product suite and promotional calendar to drive visitationESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Develop creative briefs in collaboration with Marketing Manager and Director to create compelling advertising campaigns
- Project manage advertising creative deliverables process to ensure brand adherence, increase effectiveness of campaigns, and ensure campaigns launch on time
- Manage the marketing promotional calendar, create one pagers for products and promotions, and distribute them to marketing channel managers
- Assist in planning, execution and reporting of in-house advertising campaigns run on Meta, Tik Tok, and other social media platforms.
- Create and analyze post-mortem reports for advertising campaigns run in-house and through our advertising agency, and provide recommendations based on business results
- Analyze competitor products, promotions and advertising to inform and improve marketing strategies
- Schedule and organize key media, agency, and marketing meetings, agendas, and send minutes to attendees
- Analyze marketing reports (guest, financial, employee, project status, etc.) and follow-up with managers and team members on actionable items
- Ensure consistent marketing messages across multiple consumer touch points
- Proofread creative for advertising as well as other marketing channels as assigned
- Prepare monthly forecast and variance budget documents for the marketing budget, and attend accompanying meetings to assist in presenting Marketing budget details
- Prepare and review monthly expense reports, reconcile accounts payable, and process departmental purchases, check requests, and other documents
- Provide occasional administrative support to the VP, Director, and Managers of Marketing
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business-related field or relevant marketing experience
- 3+ years of experience in marketing or related field required, featuring analytic reporting, budget management, and media coordination
- Experience in agency account management, media coordination, or similar role on marketing team, a plus
- Experience in outdoor/hospitality/ski marketing preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, or similar data analysis platforms required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Self-starter with high energy and desire to have a positive impact on the business and brand
- Commitment to guest and employee satisfaction
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Strong attention to detail
This position does not require regular travel; however, from time to time, travel to industry events and other locations may be required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.Office Environment:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.WAGE:
The base hourly pay range above represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resort's hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resort's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay range: $23 - $27AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will
- Account Management
- Accounts Payable
- Adobe Analytics
- Advertising Campaigns
- Agenda Development