Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Electronics Technician will provide ship board system level support, training, and testing for the Naval Modular Automated Communications System (NAVMACS II).
The Electronics Technician will provide:
• Off and on-site operator training to active Navy personnel
• Ship board system level support for the NAVMACS II project
• Technical assistance to troubleshoot and correct system issues for all NAVMACS II afloat variants
• Software testing and review for current and pending NAVMACS II software releases
• Develop and review system level documentation for the NAVMACS II system
• Travel required to 10% annually. Majority of troubleshooting and installations will take place in a radio room environment while ship is in local port
The successful candidate will have recently separated from the Navy and have required training as an Operator, Information Technology or Electronics Technician (E-5 or E-6).
Electronics Technician positions described above are available in Charleston, San Diego, and Norfolk. Please include your preferred location(s) and available start date in a short cover letter.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in troubleshooting and repair of basic electrical systems on a Naval vessel
• Experience in troubleshooting and accessing the operation of software applications
• Software and hardware testing experience
• A basic understanding of electronics
• Ability to perform stand-up technical training in classroom and work settings
• Competent with basic Microsoft Office skills and documentation
• Must be able to comfortably carry servers and server equipment up and down stairs and ladders throughout a ship without assistance
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Sound understanding and experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex electronic systems, particularly naval systems
• Experience working with custom complex software applications and the ability to recognize and assess software anomalies and issues
• Knowledge of Naval messaging and communication systems including:
• Command and Control Office Information Exchange (C2OIX)
• Common User Digital Information Exchange System (CUDIXS)
• Demand Assigned Multiple Access (DAMA)
• Knowledge of Fleet Broadcast and Cryptologic equipment
• Knowledge of system networking
• Ability to provide documentation review and development of complex software applications and processes
• Working knowledge of Linux
• College degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar course of study preferred
• Navy A or C school or other formal technical training desired
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Server (Computer Science)
Complex Problem Solving
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)