We are a well-established MEP consulting engineering firm working on exciting commercial projects for buildings, hospitals, schools and municipal buildings. We provide holistic building systems commissioning and performance optimization.
We are looking for an experience Electrical Engineer (PE) or Senior Designer to take a senior role in our Portland office. You will model and design electrical power systems for buildings and facilities. You will have some Project Management responsibilities, mentor junior engineers and be involved in planning and analysis. You will design power and lighting systems and more. You will be given ownership in the success of projects and can further your technical experience through solving design challenges.
We also have similar openings in our Seattle office and an opening for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
We will assist you with relocation to Portland or Seattle.3 Awesome reasons to work here
What you will be doing OR Job Details
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement account that vests immediately
- Great colleagues to work with on exciting projects
No two projects and no two days are the same. But typical duties include:
What you need for this Position
- Collect and analyze technical data for design studies; prepare layouts and develop specifications; develop design proposals and drawings; and analyze and resolve design and production.
- Gather information, conduct studies, perform calculations and prepare original schematic layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Make decisions regarding design suitability using knowledge of specified product materials, system types, and production processes.
- Apply codes; identify alternatives allowed by code exceptions to devise engineering solutions to design challenges.
- Perform mathematical calculations using engineering formulas and analysis tools.
- Coordinate design criteria with architects, other engineering disciplines, and planning groups in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Become familiar with coordinating across a variety of building design disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and structural.
- Identify and communicate changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the project and project budget. Ensure that the Project Manager/Project Lead is informed immediately of those changes.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals. Clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
- 2+ years in a consulting engineering firm
- PE license or ability to obtain one quickly
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit MEP
- Experience designing electrical power systems for buildings
We'd be really excited if you have some of the following:
What's in it for you:
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years of MEP experience
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Customer Relationship and/or Business Development experience in a MEP firm
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer 3 weeks of vacation, fully paid insurance, a retirement plan and other great benefits. Salary range is $100 - $130K for a Senior/Discipline Lead and up to $175K for an Associate Principal/Principal Engineer. Your contributions will make a difference as you work alongside other skilled engineering professionals.
Interviews are being scheduled now. So, if you are an Electrical Engineer, please apply today.
Physical Education (Pe)
Customer Relationship Management