Do you have a heart and passion for philanthropy? Seeking an organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others? Check out what WesleyLife has to offer!
About us: WesleyLife is a nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to serving adults, since 1947. We offer a continuum of person-centered care throughout Iowa. As of July, we expanded into Illinois and the Quad Cities via a new business venture under the WesleyLife umbrella called WellSpire. Thus, we increased from eight Communities for Healthy Living (CHL) to 10 locations. With our recent ground breaking ceremony in Bettendorf, we continue to grow our CHLs. Our WesleyLife at Home Services span fifteen counties. At Home services include home-based care, community nutrition and transportation services.
Who you are: An experienced philanthropy leader, you plan for and successfully execute events and annual funding programs, in collaboration with the philanthropy team, that result in secured donations. You are an influencer with the ability to both directly and indirectly contribute to achieving WesleyLife organizational-wide philanthropic goals. You are an achiever who excels in a fast paced multi-site environment where your charismatic personality draws others into WesleyLife’s mission and vision. Promoting events via face to face, social media, direct mail and additional forms of marketing are some of the many ways you contribute to successfully raising financial support and obtaining gifts. You establish trust quickly, thus building and maintaining effective professional relationships comes easily to you.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- In collaboration with the VP of Philanthropy and executive leadership, coordinate a plan to establish annual fundraising targets and set donation and gift goals, to include but not limited to retaining and upgrading donations for our Good Samaritan/Good Shepherd funds, WesleyLife at Home services (Meals on Wheels and home based care initiatives and projects) and other special projects and campaigns as needed.
- Subject matter expert in the areas of WesleyLife philanthropic efforts through proven experience soliciting to foundations, businesses and individuals with an outcome of creating donors related to charitable gift annuities, bequests, trusts and other gifting vehicles.
- Create, maintain and execute a calendar of events and, associated with those events, recruit and train internal and external volunteers. Including maintain external partnerships associated with various events.
- Working with the marketing team(s) to create, publish and successfully promote philanthropic efforts via social media, our website and printed materials.
- Concluding events and special promotions, annual data and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to continually focus on service excellence and increasing potential future gifting efforts.
- College graduate is preferred, or equal years of equivalent work experience in fundraising and/or sales.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Certification is desirable.
- Public Relations and marketing experience are required with understanding of planned giving and gifts.
- Proven ability to recruit, train and supervise volunteers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with prior experience effectively influencing, negotiating and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking skills, promoting and problem-solving complex business issues effectively as well as the ability to use data to make good decisions.
- Experienced in philanthropy software, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Microsoft Office proficient, with advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Current and valid driver’s license is required to support regional travel requirements (and we offer fleet vehicles for travel needs).
WesleyLife offers great benefits! Our health and wellness perks are amazing! Because of our commitment to health and well-being, candidates must successfully complete a pre-hire health assessment, drug and nicotine screen prior to employment. Click on the following link to learn more about WesleyLife: URL blocked - click to apply. WesleyLife offers fantastic employment opportunities where you can personally contribute to increasing the value of life for aging individuals!
Complex Problem Solving