Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The CDL Driver position operates a diesel-powered semi-tractor with trailer for the purpose of delivery, pick up, and hauling of materials between Wholesale Distribution center and multiple local and out of state Wholesale customer store and Company store locations.
- Operates a diesel-powered semi-tractor with trailer up to 18 wheels in a variety of geographic areas.
- Operate a semi-tractor with sleeper unit to facilitate overnight stays as needed
- Adherence to federal and state motor carrier safety regulations as specified by the US Department of Transportation and other regulatory agencies of the federal and state governments
- Conduct routine vehicle, and pre/post trip inspections of the vehicle and report vehicle maintenance problems to Management upon discovery
- Unload and load merchandise at the distribution center and multiple store locations utilizing lift-gates, pallet jacks and material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Record all transfers and sales on the destination report, master load out, and other required forms
- Maintain and submit daily trip and fuel logs; Ensure delivery paperwork is completed and collect payments from customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
The CDL Driver position is considered and individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Driver Supervisor.Qualifications
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months of semi-tractor with trailer driving experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of all transportation regulations
- Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey technical issues and write routine reports
- Basic math skills
- Ability to accurately maintain daily logs and related record keeping
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in Warehouse and store environments. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Must possess a current valid Class A CDL driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR); Must be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
- Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
- Must be able to lift, carry, load and unload merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs. with assistance. Frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Constant travel required, including out of state delivery runs which require over-night stays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity! At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Distribution (Business)
- Material Handling