MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR (Texas Mortgage Lending)
We are team Texas Mortgage Lending, a division of Credit Union of Texas, and we exist to deliver an unexpected experience. To join team Texas Mortgage Lending, you must value Caring, Understanding, Teaching and eXceeding expectations at every interaction. We empower our employees to succeed. Most of all, you must be ready to have FUN!
Currently we are seeking a Mortgage Loan Originator who will work directly with members to provide loan options to meet their individual needs and maintain high Net Promoter Score (NPS). Negotiate terms and conditions as permitted by policy to ensure member satisfaction and receive member commitment. Respond to member inquires in a timely manner. Secure a complete and accurate loan application and verify that the agreed upon terms meet loan prequalification. Send accurate loan disclosures, following up with members to receive signed initial disclosures. Keep loan file updated with notes and complete a loan summary prior to sending the file to processing. Communicate with buyer and seller realtors throughout the loan process to develop strategic relationships with realtor contacts. Communicate with underwriting and processing personnel to ensure satisfaction of required documentation and requested stipulations to ensure loan closing. Assist in escalated decision related situations. Discuss rate lock options with members and lock loan rate with rate lock desk. Build relationships with borrowers to develop a base of members who will drive referral business to the Credit Union.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
1. Loan Production:
- Manage inbound phone inquiries specific to obtaining new loan applications, for all Credit Union real estate loan products.
- Identify potential members and non-members that would benefit from a Real Estate loan. Work prospect lists, self-generated or management provided, tracking progress and success.
- Determine and discuss the most beneficial loan options with the prospective borrower.
- Secure loan application and verify agreed upon terms to meet loan approval. Manage inbound phone inquiries specific to obtaining new loan applications, internal refinance applications, and internal modification requests.
- Make outbound calls members and non-members to generate loan production.
- Develop relationships with members and realtors to build a loan pipeline that results in consistent monthly loan production.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all loan products and pricing available to the Credit Union.
2. Loan Pipeline Management and Communication:
- Provide timely follow up to member inquiries.
- Establish a relationship with the member and follow up on loan pipeline to ensure borrower commitment to the Credit Union loan product.
- Provide clear expectations to set a sense of urgency with the borrower and all parties involved in the loan transaction.
- Call the member and realtor if applicable post loan consummation to thank member for loan opportunity and ask for referral business.
- Note loan file to document all communication with all parties to the loan transaction.
- Provide a loan summary for the processor and underwriter summarizing the loan.
- Communicate professionally with all parties to the loan transaction in a timely manner.
- Send 10 day incomplete application letter, cancel loan applications when applicable.
- Notify underwriting staff regarding loan denials.
- Keep a clean pipeline of committed borrowers.
3. Application Process: • Ensure loan application is complete and accurate.
- Perform detailed interview of the member to ensure all information provided from the member verbally is accurate.
- Complete automated underwriting, review underwriting findings and communicate items needed from the member to complete the loan transaction.
- Provide a loan prequalification and send accurate disclosures. Review all disclosures for completeness and accuracy prior to sending to the borrower.
- Ensure member privacy, security of files and appropriate staff access.
- Collect and review signed loan disclosures from the member and send loan file to processing.
This position offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and AD&D; 401(K); flexible spending accounts; health savings account and free and discounted credit union services. If interested in applying please visit our website at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mortgage Loan Originator . Please note that all prospective candidates are subject to a credit check. Credit, if established, must be in good standing to be eligible for hire.Requirements
Accredited Bachelor’s degree or some college coursework in Business administration, Finance, Real Estate, or other related field is preferred.
Minimum of 2 years real estate lending experience.
A knowledge of Conventional (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac), Government (FHA, VA), and Texas Home Equity loans is preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Must have the ability to obtain a NMLS license with in the first 30 days of employment.
Must not be on an agency watch list or banned list to include but not limited to HUD, FNMA, FHMC or NCUA