To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Social Media Technology and Innovation
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 2 months ago
***This position can be located in McLean, VA or Dallas, TX***
The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
As Director, Social Media Technology & Innovation, you will report directly to the Global Vice President of Social Media. You will build and run a high-performing team, while partnering broadly across our enterprise (Corporate Affairs, Brand Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Digital Acquisition, Hilton Honors, Digital Product, Human Resources, etc.) You will be a key leader of the newly built Global Social Media Center of Excellence (COE) which drives and leads social media for the company. You will be responsible for the ongoing development of the social technology stack that is elite and integrated within Hilton's technology architecture, allowing Hilton to use social content and engagement across the customer journey. This role will also identify and test new opportunities within the social space to allow for innovation in the form of technology or marketing. Your team will be a key support system for the Social COE and it will be important for this team to be the eyes and ears of the ever-changing social landscape.
- Develop the global strategy for social media technology, including the roadmap for technology needs (improvements, integrations, etc.) as well as the process for identifying and testing new technology solutions to add to existing technology stack.
- Lead the vetting, selling-in, implementing, training and integrating of social technology across the company.
- Delineate the global strategy for social listening, including the deep listening technology required and processes needed to make listening actionable.
- Define and establish the social monitoring strategy in support of business and marketing priorities.
- Develop listening dashboards and deep dive analyses for ad-hoc topics meaningful to the business.
- Lead research for the Social COE, including research on the industry and competitors as well as research on new and upcoming technologies and the latest in social marketing opportunities.
- Offer the COE and business with new ways of thinking about all realms of social media, including content, engagement, data and personalization.
- Partner with the Performance and Insights team to measure the overall performance of social channels, articulating the business' critical metrics and the impact of social media marketing and engagement.
- Craft the strategy for reputation management, including review sites and social channel recommendations.
- Recruit, mentor, and champion top talent. This includes fostering a high-performing environment and building a performance driven, dynamic and highly engaged team.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Real passion for the dynamic, evolving nature of digital and social channels
- Curiosity and dedication to innovation fueled by consumer research and an understanding of key business drivers
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence others in a highly matrixed environment
- Communicate ideas confidently and effectively to senior executive and owner audiences
- Deftly translate business needs into technology requirements and vice versa
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR High School Degree/GED with ten (10) years of business management experience
- Seven (7) years of experience working in consumer marketing, advertising and/or consulting
- Three (3) years leading a Marketing group inside a Business-to-Consumer (B2C) organization
- Significant experience in social technology, including enterprise management platforms, deep listening, influencer compliance tracking, and more
- Proficient understanding of IT, Procurement, Legal, Security and Risk and Marketing, to ensure concepts can move to execution
- Experience running department operations, including strategy, talent and budgets
- Up to 20% travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Five (5) years managing a team
- Three (3) years of digital and social media experience
- Experience launching a social enterprise management tool
- Experience leading the development of a social technology stack
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!