***This is an Adjunct, GROUND position, based at our Austin, Texas campus location. This is not a remote position.***
Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Instructor - Online Learning Specialist.
This is a GROUND position based at our Austin, Texas campus location. This is not a remote position.
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
Are you driven by the challenge of exceeding expectations and goals? Are you passionate about improving people's lives?
Southern Careers Institute, one of Texas' leading vocational educational institutions, is seeking experienced professionals to teach in its programs.
The Online Learning Specialist (OLS) serves as the campus liaison for online courses. The OLS teaches online classes and provides guidance and support for campus-based online students, campus-based staff and the home office staff and serves as a communication link between the Online Director of Education and the campus in matters relating to online learning.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Teach online classes as assigned
- Be an advocate for online learning at the campus.
- Monitor the enrollment and withdrawal of students in online classes.
- Submit reports as required by the deadlines established.
- Manage the exchange of information, such as attendance and enrollment Information between the campus and the online staff.
- Provide academic and technical support for students enrolled in online classes.
- Facilitate the online student orientation course at the campus as needed.
- Provide on-campus support for campus-based students enrolled in online classes in the areas of attendance, tutoring, working in the online platform, etc.
- Coordinate enrollment into Orientation classes as needed for continuing students and re-enters.
- Monitor and ensure all new students are achieving the outcomes needed to thrive in the online platform.
- Assist with the resolution of any issues that may arise between students enrolled in online classes and online faculty.
- Be available via email or in person to ensure communication with students and response to questions within 24 hours.
- Assist as needed with training of new faculty at the ground campus on the use of the online learning platform.
- Escalate any issues/questions to the appropriate personnel (FA, Admissions, IT Support, etc.)
- Focus on course and program outcomes including student attendance, student retention and graduation rates, pass rates, etc.
- Coordinate information exchange with the ground campus about online services and tools.
- Participate in calls/meetings scheduled by the Online Director of Education.
Successful candidates will have:
- Educational and experiential background that meets the Texas Workforce guidelines for instructors;
- Experience in working with one or more online delivery platforms as an instructor or student is preferred;
- Completion of scheduled training as required to remain current with the online platform, online learning methodology, etc.;
- Knowledge of current instructional and assessment models, methodologies. and software;
- Effective planning, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff;
- Ability to work efficiently with the technology in an online environment.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)