Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The FSO will adhere to all requirements as stated in the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM, DoD 5220.22-M), SRC Policies and Security Standards, Practices and Procedures
• The FSO shall liaise directly with the assigned DSS IS Rep and other Gov't. Agency's to ensure full and timely compliance with government directives, regulations and reporting requirements
• The FSO shall assist the Director of Security/ITPSO and Corp Security Manager in the effective implementation, assessment, and management of the SRC Arlington Security Program
• The Arlington FSO reports security issues to the Corp Security Manager and the Insider Threat Program Senior Official as applicable. Per NISPOM reports to be made as required
• Establish and Implements local security procedures and processes as necessary; oversee security education, insider threat awareness, and training activities for facility management, personnel, and others, as appropriate
• Coordinates Security Program support to include Staff Assistance Visits for continued security program efficiency, NISPOM Compliance and preparation towards recurring DSS Vulnerability Assessments
• Serves as the SRC Arlington Office Insider Threat Security Officer; an integral member of the Enterprise Threat Working Group responsible for implementation, managing and reporting insider threat items
• Identifies and documents unique local threats & vulnerabilities; makes recommendation to risk management status and reports threat indicators into the Insider Threat process
• Ensures that periodic self-inspections of the NISP security program are conducted and that corrective action is taken for all identified findings and vulnerabilities
• Develops and implements Incident Response plans, vulnerability assessments, and maintenance procedures
• Manages and provides security guidance for program support to include emerging requirements for Information Systems, and Storage requirements as they develop
• Some minor office functions as additional duties
• Some travel required
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have a current SECRET security clearance and the ability to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
• Minimum two-year degree and two or more years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must have completed FSO certification
• Experience with or have worked as one or more of the following: Facility Security Officer, Assistant FSO, Gov't Security Specialist or Industrial Security Program Specialist
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 3 years Industrial Security Program / FSO experience
• Experience with Restricted Areas and/or Closed Area buildouts
• Experience with processing actions related to CAC cards and SCI nominations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Fire Control Systems