Position Title: Engineer 2-3, OE Application PACCAR
Reports To: VP & Global Key Account Manager - PACCAR
Date Last Revised: September 23, 2019
Exemption Status: Exempt
Location: Seattle, WA
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for nearly 90 years …setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to OE Application Engineer
This position is responsible for managing all Original Equipment (OE) engineering products with the customer with special emphasis on the Embedded Engineering (Software) engineering projects. The individual will be the primary interface with the customer’s embedded engineering (software development) team.
- Support the implement and launch of new and existing Bendix products
- Provides technical expertise to the customer related to all Bendix and Knorr-Bremse products including specifications, applications, system integration, competitive differences, etc.
- Identify, communicate, refine, and monitor development programs including field/fleet tests, engineering releases, product change implementation
- Conduct technical training for the customer on all Bendix products.
- Assist the customer in resolving product and system integration issues by working with the customer’s field service, test engineering, product engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering and warranty departments.
- Assist Bendix’s PACCAR Sales Team in the overall growth strategy.
- Maintain and, where feasible, improve Bendix’s product and brand image by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships, effective communication
- Provide input to the customer/business strategy including technical feasibility
- Working knowledge of all areas in the transportation industry including Suppliers, OE, Fleets, Original Equipment Service (OES), independent distribution channels, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of the operation, design and application of Bendix and Knorr-Bremse products.
- Strong technical knowledge and project management knowledge and organizational skills.
- Must know how to build customer relationship skills.
- Applied knowledge of vehicle dynamics with preference in commercial vehicles
- In-depth knowledge of brake systems or other advanced pneumatic based control systems engineering.
- Six Sigma or statistical tool usage for troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of engineering systems including CAD modeling programs.
- Understanding of commercial vehicle electrical systems and data communications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification a plus
- Must be able to travel domestically 30 to 50% and internationally 1-2 times per year.
Position Requirements: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong technical skills required.
- Excellent organization skills
- Effective in working in teams and developing solutions through collaboration; however, must be self-starter with high level of energy and capable of working independently but required to keep others informed of activities.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills a must
- Standard embedded communication protocols (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Bluetooth)
- Proficient in the use of ProE modeling system desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and capable of formal and informal discussions at all levels of Bendix/Knorr-Bremse and customers.
- Must be physically capable of accessing underneath a truck vehicle to perform technical evaluations and troubleshooting activities.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the heavy vehicle industry required.
- A minimum of 2 years in brake system engineering preferred.
- Experience in the application of embedded microcontrollers and related peripherals
- Experience in the use of cross compilers, assemblers, and related software development tools
- Experience with software configuration management systems
- Experience in developing software test plans and test cases (module, integration, systems, functional, performance, and stress)
- Experience in vehicle communication networks for heavy duty vehicles (J1939, J1587, ISO 14229, LIN a plus
- Experience at a heavy vehicle OEM preferred.
- Design, test or product engineering experience with ABS and foundation brake systems highly desirable.