Mail room Tech
The Mail room Clerk is responsible for opening, sorting, and distributing incoming mail, collecting outgoing mail, and maintaining electronic logs and files pertaining to mail processing. Operational excellence and professionalism while performing related tasks are expected in order to help maintain outstanding business relationships with our clients.
Areas of Responsibility
• Maintain logs for incoming mail from vendors, mail delivery to customers, and all packages.
• Process and handle all incoming and outgoing mail, ensuring proper routing and labeling.
• Screen unclassified mail and determine appropriate distribution.
• Handle all special request mail responsibilities, such as UPS, Federal Express, and courier service.
• Manage the facilities requests in the account work order system for the team.
• Schedule the teams work for moves, dock activity and event set up and tear down.
• Actively help the team with tasks when additional manpower is required.
• Verify and reconcile computer-produced reports and records.
• Perform mail room inspections and monitor supply inventory.
• Provide solutions to problems associated with special requirements such as bulk mail, other special types of mailings, moves.
• Provide outstanding customer service.
• Research and follow-up with customers regarding tracking mail and/or packages.
• Associates Degree preferred, High school diploma required.
• At least two-years of experience in related skills applicable to corporate mail room operations
• Knowledge of current postal codes, procedures, and regulations
• Experience with UPS, Federal Express, and courier services
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Valid New York State Driver's License required
• Must be able to adequately perform required job functions. This includes being able to lift, bend and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner.
• Must be able to operate required mailroom machinery in a safe and approved manner, will be required to stand for long periods of time and perform physical tasks such as lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Packaging And Labeling