We Fly with the Fastest …
With 80+ years of experience and reliability, our products are aboard virtually every major commercial, military and space vehicle program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to meet our customers' needs.
This is an entry level welding position using GTAW processes on sheet metal. On-the-job training and certification required. Welder shall meet the requirements to certify to Government, customer and company specifications. It is our intent that a welder classified as a Heliarc Welder shall be capable of performing Class B and Class C welds ONLY. No Class A welding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assemble and weld aerospace products to Engineering drawings, customer and company requirements
* Set up and operate welding machines
* Perform at acceptable levels of quality and productivity on all welding assignments
* Interpret engineering drawings and specifications necessary to perform welding correctly
* Capable of identifying and recognizing welding problems, troubleshoot and correct with guidance from Journeyman Welder, Lead person or Supervisor
* Capable of manufacturing shop aides/purges used to facilitate welding as needed
* Weld production aerospace assemblies using GTAW processes
* Will maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly FOD-Free environment and adhere to all safety standards
* This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma, Trade School Welding Certificate or equivalent; previous manufacturing experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement
* Requires six (6) months experience in TIG (GTAW) welding on light gauge materials (.010 - .250 inch) with evidence of certification on stainless steel and nickel alloys.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to interpret blueprint drawings, work orders and production planning documents.
* Must be able to weld manually and operate mechanized welding equipment (i.e. circumferential positioners and longitudinal seamer).
* Must be able to set up weld tooling.
* Must be able to interpret weld symbols, engineering drawings and specifications necessary to perform welding task correctly.
* Ability to use standard manufacturing measuring instruments such as calipers, pin calipers, micrometers, tape measures, scales, height gauges, depth gauges, etc.
* Must be capable of working with tight tolerances within drawing parameters.
* Welder must be able to set up and perform welding with minimal initial supervision.
* Welder must have ability to manually weld in turntable positioners and tooling as required.
* Must be able to recognize welding problems, troubleshoot and correct them accordingly
* Neat and clean working habits, regular attendance.
* Ability to communicate both in a verbal and written format.
* Ability to perform quality work in a safe and efficient manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Frequent lifting of up to 35 lbs.
* Frequent reaching at shoulder level, pushing and pulling
* Bend, stoop, squat occasionally
* Sit, stand and walk frequently
* Occasional use of computer keyboard and mouse
* Constant use and motion of hands and arms
* Constant exposure of manufacturing shop noise
* Must be able to pass visual acuity exam with 20/30 or better either corrected or uncorrected in each eye.
* Heliarc welder shall initially be certified to AWS D17.1 requirements in Stainless steel and Inconel within 60 days.
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Arrowhead Products is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Arrowhead Products is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random testing. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Limitations and Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified, or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
"Arrowhead Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Arrowhead Products is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes."
- Aerospace Industries
- Assembly And Installation
- Computer Keyboards