To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
549 Northwest Lake Whitney Place
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RN Flexible Part Time, Per Diem
Home Instead Senior Care • Port St. Lucie, FL
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a good position for someone who wants to work part-time (e.g. 10-20 hours a week), wants to make a difference in the lives of seniors, and is interested in training/mentoring home care professionals.
Job Description For Flexible Part-time/Per Diem Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing in Florida pursuant Chapter 464 F.S.
- One year as a registered nurse (RN) in a Hospital, Home Health Agency or a Skilled Nursing Facility, Private Duty Home Health Agency experience preferred.
- Strong assessment of personal care needs and planning skills.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and supervise home health aides.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others.
The RN’s responsibilities include:
- Evaluate client appropriation for non-medical home health services.
- Develop a personal care assignment for the home health aide in collaboration with the client, the family / caregivers involved in the care;
- Coordinate the services provided by Home Instead Senior Care with other health care providers when applicable;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients through quality assurance (QA) visits, supervisory visits, phone calls, correspondence, and special events;
- When requested, provide employee education, public education, training or in-service on home health related topics.
- When requested, assist staff at local health fairs, community service events or marketing events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Knowledge of the senior-care industry preferred
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.