Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
About UnitedDesign at Optum
Our mission at Optum is to create a healthier world, one person at a time. UnitedDesign consists of small, collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams that apply human-centered research and design methods to tackle the critical problems in health care and help fulfil the Optum mission. Our process starts and ends with the needs and challenges of the people who will use our products and services, by design. We work together to help people get, feel and live better.
UnitedDesign teams are organized into multi-disciplinary studios focused on tackling critical challenges in health care.
This position supports the People Design Studio. The People Studio is focused on improving the life and experience of all employees at UHG by identifying and designing services, tools, and programs that enhance and improve work-life and culture. Because we believe that people are at the heart of everything we do, we are dedicated to taking care of our employee so they can take care of our customers.
Enjoy this video with our Chief Design Officer, Dan Makoski … Compassion by Design
As a Design Researcher, you will work closely with your studio team: researchers and designers, accessibility and prototyping experts, service designers, and business strategists, to improve existing experiences and create new ones. Your work will impact the people we serve and, of course, our own Optum employees.
Our people are best served when we grow a team that represents everyone. That’s why we are dedicated to recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds for every level and discipline.
To know more about Optum Technology, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Design Researcher - Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, capital, and other key stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity for improving employee experience
- Conduct primary and synthesize secondary research to deeply understand employee experience at every level of the company
- Unravel complex workflows and work structures to come up with simple workforce solutions
- Create and implement innovative workforce initiatives that support our employees and the people we serve
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience in service design, design research, and/or user experience research
- 3+ years working in multi-modal research methods, including field studies, surveys, diary studies, and group interviews
- 3+ years working with data and analytics to rapidly summarize results and generate actionable insights
- 3+ years creating journey maps, service design blueprints, and other materials to focus the team on a shared understanding of who we serve and what we are solving for
- 3+ years leading working sessions / workshops with a variety of stakeholders, including product, design, and executive leadership
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science, Cognitive Psychology
- Experience using remote research tools such as dScout, User Testing, User Zoom, MeasuringU, or similar
- Working knowledge of design and collaboration tools such as Miro and Figma
- Comfortable working within complex systems
- Ability to create powerful stories / presentations to guide and educate leadership
We’re looking for people with
- A drive to innovate and find new approaches
- A beginner’s mindset
- Tireless optimism
- Passion for collaboration
Total Compensation. As part of your total compensation package, which includes base, bonus opportunity, PTO and holiday pay, you will also receive these benefits at these rates, not to mention a remote work opportunity and healthy work/life balance. UHG Benefits / Benefits pricing
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.