As a strategic business partner, the Director of Training & Development will design, deliver and coordinate education programs/curriculums aimed at developing and reinforcing the culture of learning and development. The Director is responsible for analyzing the training needs and training gaps in the organization. Partners with department and clinical operating directors, managers, supervisors and staff members throughout the organization to develop, design and deliver comprehensive training programs for all levels across the organization.
The Director of Training & Development will be responsible for ongoing development and delivery of a Leadership Development curriculum, as this will play an important role in shaping the success of our leaders in leading team members to fulfill organizational goals. The Director of Training & Development relies on strategic thinking and knowledge in the following areas: organizational dynamics and structure; project management, training and development; change and culture management, team building and team dynamics, and leadership development and succession planning.
The Director of Training & Development consistently demonstrates support of SRAlab’s Mission and Vision by striving for excellence, contributing to team efforts, and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact.
Demonstrates SRAlab’s Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Assess and identify training needs and gaps in the organization in corporation with the Human Resources Vice President to develop, implement and create training materials.
- Apply adult learning and instructional design principles, behavioral effectiveness skills (e.g., leadership training, customer service, communication and interpersonal skills) in developing learning programs,
- Design, develop, implement and facilitate comprehensive training solutions to improve both organization and individual team member’s performance.
- Formulate training summaries and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, focus groups and workshops.
- Design and deliver training in various mediums including classroom, action training, individual coaching, webcast and other technology mediums.
- Develop training materials and job aids to support and reinforce learning objectives.
- Ensure overall training quality through implementation and monitoring, feedback, testing, competency evaluation and ongoing analysis of key metrics.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop curriculum for leadership and nonclinical development of staff.
- Build an internal network of trainers and organizes regular Train the Trainer sessions.
- Research new training programs to keep up with effective ways to teach.
- Assess current New Hire Orientation to ensure it remains fresh and up to date to increase the new hire experience.
- Identify and assist managers with employee engagement results and develop action plans for process improvement initiatives.
- Develop short and long-term training and development strategies and corresponding execution plan aligned to overall business needs.
- Collaborate with external resources to deliver best in class development programs to leaders and team members.
- Cultivate and manage outside vendor relationships
- Performs all other duties as assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to VP Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related field or combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of adult learning and instructional design principles, behavioral effectiveness skills, organizational development strategic curriculum building and learning technologies.
- Ten years of comprehensive experience developing and delivering education programs with a proven record of accomplishments.
- Dynamic and engaging presentation skills.
- Knowledge of traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Adequate knowledge of Learning Management systems software.
- Proven record of strong relationship building, organizational skills and the ability to be work independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, active listening and persuasive negotiation skills and diplomacy with all levels of an organization.
- Must possess excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Proficiency in MS office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrates group cohesiveness and collaborates well with others.
Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These duties are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Training And Development
Senior Professional In Human Resources