To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Key Account Sales Consultant - Hollywood, FL to West Palm Beach
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Miami, FL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Key Account Sales Consultant, Mid-Market will develop and lead the strategic account plan to improve MSC’s market position and overall profitability within Mid-Market Key Account customers ($500,000 - $5,000,000 potential with greater than 35% wallet share) through cross-sell and up-sell activities. Key Account Sales Consultant, Mid-Market will develop and maintain relationships with Senior-level managers in Operations, Supply Chain and Procurement at each Key Account location. Will regularly meet with Senior-level contacts and leverage the data presented in Continuous Review and Cost Savings to teach customer new ways to improve processes, productivity and remove costs. Will communicate effectively Associate Account Manager and Inside Key Account Manager to provide direction on the daily tasks required based on commitment to customer.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer unique perspective to customer by consistently sharing newsworthy insights about the market, educating the customer on new issues and outcomes, and helping them avoid potential landmines. Always tie insights back to our unique strengths in the market.
- Drive two-way communication by engaging in dialogue with customers, constructively creating tension to help the customer learn something new. Surprise the customer with insight. Deliver insight convincingly and with authority.
- Leverage individual value drivers by developing a distinct strategy for engaging critical stakeholders. Consistently demonstrate an ability to link supplier capabilities to specific, individual stakeholder objectives.
- Incorporate economic drivers by demonstrating knowledge of the customer’s industry in context of the current market climate. Make informed inferences about a customer business based on understanding of the market or competitors.
- Establish value by quantifying value in terms of resolving an unrecognized problem or need, or costs of inaction. Customers can articulate value proposition relative to competitive solutions.
- Drive momentum by rallying internal resources to ensure deal momentum. Collaborate with customers to define next steps, coaching customers through the buying process. Attempt to rely on key stakeholders/mobilizers to drive action between sales calls.
- Create and embrace constructive tension by reframing how the customer thinks about the business. Leverage data and facts to introduce the idea that the status quo is costing more than they may realize.
- Tailor presentations and insight specific to customer’s industry, company and contact. Be able to match contacts personality and deliver relevant messaging based on current trends in their specific industry that will impact their business.
- Take control of the purchasing process by guiding the customer on next steps and anticipated roadblocks. Utilize best demonstrated practices regarding aligning stake-holders to drive consensus to your proposal.
- Identify and arm the mobilizer (influence and power beyond title) with toolkit to sell your solutions throughout their organization.
- Develop strong negotiation posture by focusing on fully knowing the buyer’s interests, motives and priorities to develop additional negotiables and creative solutions. Adjust negotiating strategy/plan based on information gained through discussion.
- Understand our Key Accounts value proposition and key business objectives regarding growth and profitability. Understand the customers and industries they serve and use this information to build strategic account plan.
- Continuously research and comprehend industry trends that will impact customer. Become recognized as an expert on the industries served by our Key Accounts and how MSC can partner with them to deliver better results.
- Develop and lead the strategic account plan to improve MSC’s market position and overall profitability within Mid-Market Key Account customers ($500,000 - $5,000,000 potential with greater than 35% wallet share) through cross-sell and up-sell activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Senior-level managers in Operations, Supply Chain and Procurement at each Key Account location.
- Regularly meet with Senior-level contacts and leverage the data presented in Continuous Review and Cost Savings to teach customer new ways to improve processes, productivity and remove costs.
- Communicate effectively Associate Account Manager and Inside Key Account Manager to provide direction on the daily tasks required based on commitment to customer.
- Deliver Cost Savings Documentations to demonstrate MSC’s value to the customer.
- Deliver Continuous Improvement Review with customer, multiple times per year, to align to customer’s strategy and advance MSC’s market position
- Submits to management all required sales and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Manage travel and entertainment to meet assigned budgets. Utilizes phone, webcast and on-site visits efficiently to establish regular cadence with both the field leadership team and customer/prospect.
- Proactively maintain working relationships with field leadership and customer support leadership as necessary to meet customer needs. Work with field leadership to customize account coverage as needed to drive compliance to approved forecasted sales thresholds. Document and clearly communicate customer service level expectations and or shortfalls with field leadership team including
- Responds selectively and strategically to prospective customer Requests for Information and Proposal and negotiates pricing and other terms of new account agreements with prospective clients to ensure maximum revenue and profit from new agreements to include terms and conditions that will minimize the company’s risk.
- Accurate, current management of content in funnel, win/loss, launch status, SFDC and other platforms for communicating business resource needs to the organization
- Professional development training will be completed in a timely manner as assigned. Examples include account planning, company supported training or SFA training.
- Learns and fosters the MSC culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Cleary demonstrates can-do attitude toward supporting new initiatives and programs designed to meet customer needs. Proactive problem solving approach as necessary to overcome obstacles for customer compliance, growth and profitability.
- Participates in special projects and cross functional teams and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated track record of success in sales and marketing preferred with two years in industrial/manufacturing/distributing sales experience.
- Demonstrated Medium ($500K - $5M) Sales Experience Success
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com experience
- Willingness to travel (25%)
- Strong background and demonstrated success in selling profitable solutions or services.
- Ability to teach customer something new and compelling about their business which leads to MSC differentiated solutions.
- Ability to create constructive tension to drive action from the customer.
- Ability to tailor messaging, presentation and proposal relevant to customer, industry and contact.
- Ability to take control of the purchasing process by guiding customer to next steps and educating them on best demonstrated practices and potential roadblocks.
- Ability to align all the stakeholders involved in the decision making process to drive consensus to MSC solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent sales, negotiation, relationship building and closing skills and techniques are required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required.
- Knowledge of e-business.
- Must have track record of meeting and exceeding agreed upon sales plan
- Solid history of decision making and taking accountability
- Must possess strong presentation skills and communicate professionally as a dynamic speaker and in written responses to emails; RFPs; RFIs; and when submitting reports.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to make quick/calculated decisions, and ability to perform effectively in a team and individual work environment are a must.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to make recommendations for solutions based on information gathered and analyzed from systems
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written) along with strong attention to detail and follow through required
- Strong ability to be flexible and adapt to change in business practices, market changes, etc.
- Self-motivated to meet specific sales goals
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally at multiple levels within the business unit (e.g., Marketing, Product Management, Finance, etc.)
- Ability to read and communicate understanding of customer financial statements.
- Demonstration of competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
- Excellent ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and effectively
- Proven pattern of success collaborating with business leaders with competing objectives or “mind share
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.