To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rome, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Enterprise Cloud Engineer
Octo Consulting Group • Rome, NY
Posted 13 days ago
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work with some of the smartest and most accomplished people you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits, and it’s an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Enterprise Cloud Engineer
We are looking for…
The Octo team is seeking an Enterprise Cloud Engineer that will provide architectural solutions of a cloud-based infrastructure, a cross-cutting application and integration architecture, and provide specialized training to our teams building on the enterprise platform. Our ideal Enterprise Cloud Engineer has senior knowledge and hands-on experience building cloud-based systems.
You are a highly versatile and creative engineer that enjoys shaping the future of a major program and the opportunity to lead enterprise transformation within an organization. You enjoy engaging with customers, being a hands-on Cloud Engineer and helping customers realize the benefits of cloud native application. You are a devoted problem solver with a knack for understanding and predicting from afar how all the pieces will fit together, identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. You like making sure technologies work together and as a result, have served in key roles that contribute heavily towards the success of projects.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
What we’d like to see…
- In depth knowledge of AWS services
- Hands on experience in AWS resource provisioning
- Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS
- Ability to design and operate high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions
- Ability to design applications on AWS taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS
- Experience in AWS Networking – Direct Connect/VPC, NACL’s, security groups, etc.,
- Ability to work closely with business to understand and incorporate non-functional requirements in the application architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical degree required and 2+ years’ experience with system administration, system patching and related duties
- Understanding of Microsoft domain and networking technologies.
- Comprehension of computer technology and ability to quickly learn related concepts and new software products.
Bonus points if you…
- AWS Certifications
VMWare Certifications or equivalent industry credentials in at least one of the following:
- Data Center Virtualization
- Network Virtualization
- Cloud Management and Automation
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Security+ certification
- Experience with Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) of Government systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering to a Government customer
Years of Experience: 8+ years of experience working as an infrastructure engineer leveraging large scale cloud infrastructure
Education: Bachelors in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree
Clearance: A current and active TS/SCI security clearance is required for consideration.
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation