The Marketing & Communications Director drives brand performance and share by capitalizing on market opportunities (i.e., product portfolio strategy, innovation, and renovation) rooted in fact-based analysis and customer insight. In this role, you'll be responsible for execution of projects related to the brand’s strategy and innovation & renovation plans in collaboration with sales, channel partners, operations, product development and finance on various generating demand initiatives. The company is seeking a well-rounded Marketing leader, able to drive continuous improvement in audience planning, content strategy, brand and communications, sales enablement, demand generation, with a strong analytical and strategic skills that will enable success in this role.
- Use customer and marketplace data and trends to support developing a deeper understanding of the demographics, and acquisition drivers of the brand’s customers or a particular customer segment.
- Dive into demand landscape for the customer/brand by utilization of digital insight tools
- Manage end to end brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key customer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant strategy and innovation activities.
- Leverage data, trends and support from the leadership team and Market Research to help build a robust and actionable marketing plan to address knowledge gaps in customer, brand, product, business and marketplace learnings.
- Apply data to support defining a brand’s short-term and long-term innovation strategy.
- In collaboration with cross-functional and external engineering experts, develop projects in support of the brand’s innovation strategy such as new idea generation and validation, commercialization strategies and plans and channel- or customer-specific opportunities.
- Lead the creation of demonstration videos of products to highlight discriminators from competitors, as well as design and refine company product datasheets that are delivered to customers
- Work directly with the leadership team to develop marketing plans and objectives that meet or exceed revenue expectations and support customer engagement activities
- Lead, organize and coordinate Edge Autonomy activities at select trade shows, demonstrations, industry conferences, and community and company events
- Lead the development, refinement, and evolution of company website to fully articulate Edge Autonomy profile, products and capabilities while optimizing user experience and brand awareness
- In close collaboration with the Chief Growth Officer and leadership team, draft press releases and coordinate the international distribution as needed
- In partnership with the Chief Growth Officer, create and implement 3-year customer centric brand plans to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including equity, awareness, and engagement
- Draft and post content to company Social Media sites and make necessary updates consistent with the company’s desired messaging defined by the developed marketing and communication strategy
- Assist in creating the annual communications plan including: recommended touchpoint plans, activation/implementation plans, stewardship and measurement
- Identify marketing initiatives to include social media and print that will advance the name of the company and product portfolio among targeted customers and growth opportunities
- Work with our global team which includes offices in Eastern Europe, California, Virginia, and Oregon, to execute a comprehensive marketing and corporate communications strategy
- In conjunction with the global engineering and product team post changes to the company website as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in an area with at least 8-10 years of progressive association experience and/or managing the marketing function OR a master’s degree in Business, Marketing, MBA or related field and 5+ years of related work experience is required
- At least 3-5 years in a management capacity
- Experience leveraging trends and formal data to generate insights to understand customer behavior and government acquisition strategy
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to drive cross-functional teams to deliver on collective brand goals
- Basic financial acumen and the understanding of calculating risk/return on business decisions
- Experience posting content on social media sites; Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Experience in unmanned systems technology is preferred
- Experience in the defense industry and government contracting environment is preferred
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns or commercialization strategies is preferred
- Experience leading marketing communication projects including digital and media strategies is preferred
- Domestic and international travel is required and could exceed 25%. Passport required.
- This position is located out of our Herndon VA, office. A Hybrid work model arrangement will be considered for this position
- If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
- This is a salaried position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
- Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Edge Autonomy. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Edge Autonomy will be required prior to starting employment with the company.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19:
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Edge Autonomy is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees and their families remains our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking extra precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
Edge Autonomy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Autonomy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Edge Autonomy. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Edge Autonomy seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Edge Autonomy home.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
- Brand Awareness
- Business Management
- Business Process Improvement