To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Farmington, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Accounting – EmblemHealth (located in CT or NY)
EmblemHealth • Farmington, CT
Posted 8 days ago
ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. ConnectiCare’s mission is to make it easy for members to get the care they need. A local company for over 35 years, ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible. A subsidiary of EmblemHealth, ConnectiCare leads the individual and small group markets in the state, and is ranked among the top commercial health plans in the nation, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
We’re looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the communities we serve. If you want to join a local team and help change the way health care is delivered, ConnectiCare is the place for you.
Purpose: Manages the medical expense accounting group. Responsibilities are to ensure that the monthly close for EmblemHealth is performed timely, accurately and in accordance with GAAP. Oversees the implementation of process improvements and assists in the resolution of issues and ad hoc projects.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly medical expense accounting close process, ensuring that journal entries, account reconciliations and other analyses are prepared in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Review and analyze monthly journal entries prepared by the Senior Accountants
- Recruit, manage, and develop staff
- Identify and implement process improvements in the monthly close processes to meet increasingly stringent reporting deadlines and to achieve department goals.
- Serves as the Finance Lead on initiatives involving medical expenses. Works directly with Actuarial, Underwriting, Budget Financial Analytics, and IT on managing and implementing new projects.
- Maintain policies and procedures around medical expense accounting processes. Provide internal or external auditors with supporting documentation/analysis, as needed.
- Provide supporting financial analysis to internal business partners, including Actuarial, Underwriting, Budget Financial Analytics, Management Reporting, and Medical Management (includes MSR discussion with Actuarial and Finance)
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Technical knowledge, experience and skill requirements:
- Strong GAAP accounting and organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong PC and system skills, including Access and Excel including handling large volume of data efficiently and accurately
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, producing quality deliverables within agreed timelines
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements, including automation of manual processes
- Ability to maintain open communication with all levels and to keep management apprised of issues and task/project status
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely articulate an issue and propose solutions
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance with a minimum six (6) years corporate accounting experience, including a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- CPA a plus
- 2-3 years of healthcare industry experience a plus
- Strong PC skills required (Microsoft Office, Access and Excel); PeopleSoft a plus
- Understanding of Statutory accounting a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Primarily sedentary
- Must be able to use standard office equipment
ConnectiCare is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
ConnectiCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.