Maria Parham Health
The Practice Manager advances the quality, efficiency, and service components of physician practice operations and operating in a lean performance improvement environment and supporting employee engagement initiatives. Under the general supervision of the Physician Services Director, the Practice Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operational, human resource, administrative, and business functions of Maria Parham Women’s Care. Works with staff to develop, monitor and maintain systems pertaining to all aspects of OBGYN clinical care of the practice. The position is responsible for assuring continuity of care and patient service integration with other MPH services.
- Associate’s Degree in related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training
- Demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills to effectively supervise staff, manage the complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with clinic / center administration.
- Strong knowledge of practice operations, patient-scheduling systems, medical and insurance terminology, applicable information systems, patient service standards, and regulatory requirement and best practices
- Strong knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, document human resources issues and performance, and participate in decision-making on human resources matters.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to quickly analyze problems, determine appropriate level of intervention, develop, and apply effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective collaborations with all levels of management and staff, consultants, and outside agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to train/mentor subordinates, to convey complex administrative, clinical, and technical information in a clear and concise manner, prepare and present a variety of reports, documentation, analyses, and project proposals.
- Coordinate provider schedules, including outreach, practice/hospital coverage, clinic, and procedure time.
- Facilitate service programming (i.e. centering, lamaze, etc)
- Facilitate community engagement activities and support outreach/marketing efforts.
Minimum Work Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising physician practices; or 2 years’ experience supervising a woman s health practice, or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree.
- 5 years’ experience supervising complex or multiple business units, departments, or sites.
- Strong knowledge of business software and specialized applications and data management systems used in clinic / center operation.
- Athena Experience
- Lean Six-Sigma training
Must be a self-starter, have a strong work ethic, and be able to quickly shift priorities in a busy environment.
Position requires that the individual learn and understand all aspects of the practice, with the willingness to step in and help with any task as needed.
Ability to embrace and promote natural healing practices.
This position is ideal for someone who is comfortable being in charge, has great attention to detail, is comfortable in a medical environment, is able to interact with patients and staff in a friendly, caring and professional manner and wants the opportunity to be a major part of the growth of the practice.
Minimum Work ExperienceLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
2 years prior supervisory experience required
Prior experience as a manager is required.
Clinical experience preferred, but not required
Attention To Detail